Can't open POS! Help

Julie Halpern
Julie Halpern Member Posts: 4
edited October 2017 in Point of Sale
I'm unable to open QB POS. The error message I get is "Run-time error '-2147221163 (80040155)': Automation error. Interface not registered".
I hope someone can help as it's the busy time of year and my shop is currently open!

Comments

• Chris McGregor
    Chris McGregor Member Posts: 140
    edited November 2014

Hi Julie, hopefully this may be as simple as running the reboot files to re register some of the componients required to run POS, open my computer or windows explorer and brows the the files below:

C:\Reckon\Point of Sale Professional 2014 Administrator\rebootAdmin.bat

C:\Reckon\Point of Sale Professional 2014 Administrator\rebootCommonFiles.bat

C:\Reckon\Point of Sale Professional 2014 Administrator\rebootSystem.bat

after they have been run please try and open POS again. if this doesn't work it may be an issue with the Database and you may need to restore a backup from yesterday, don't forget to rename your existing PBD file before restoring your backup just in case.

-Chris

• Julie Halpern
    edited November 2014
    Yes. Might try that again though.

• Julie Halpern
    edited November 2014
    Hi Chris - thank you for your advice.
    I've tried the reboot but no luck.
    When I open Quickbooks all the data is there. I just can't open the POS terminal.
  • Chris McGregor
    edited November 2014

Reckon Accounts(formally QuickBooks)  and Reckon Retails Point of sale(POS) have two separate databases. the database for reckon accounts will be the name of your company.qbw where as the Pos database is always called 'QBPOS.PDB' and is usually located in the installation directory of the Point of sale Admin program(usually ‘C:\Reckon\Point of Sale Administrator).

Are you able to open POS Admin without issue or is it just POS terminal?

- Chris

• Julie Halpern
    edited November 2014
    No I can't open Admin either.
  • Chris McGregor
    edited November 2014

After speaking with Julie on the phone she has managed to resolve the issue buy doing a windows system restore.

It appears the source of the issue was actually a windows update that had gone wrong.

Many thanks to all who helped,

- Chris