how do i check to make sure the invoices I have emailed have been sent correctly

Ron HarrisRon Harris Member Posts: 1
edited August 2019 in Accounts Hosted

Comments

• ZappyZappy Accredited Partner Posts: 4,708 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Short answer, you can't. I have taken to sending them to myself first and then sending them from Outlook where I can request a read receipt. If anyone has a better idea, I'd love to hear it.
  • Graham BoastGraham Boast Accredited Partner Posts: 406 ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Hi Ron

Under Edit > Preferences > Send Forms > Company Preferences you can enter your own email address under Bcc (Blind Carbon Copy).  Getting your copy back tells you that you have sent your email into the ether, and that your copy has found its way back to you. By extrapolation, their copy may also have reached them.

If you really want a Read Receipt, then Kevin's Method will work for the people who have the Read Receipt function turned on.  So if you don't get a Read Receipt back, is that because it wasn't delivered or because no read receipt was returned even it was delivered?

My preferred read receipt method is complicated; you send someone an invoice and they let you know they have received it by putting money into your bank account.

Graham Boast
    Reckon Accredited Consultant
    [email protected]
    www.reckonhelp.com.au/remotesupport.htm

• Jeff LangtipJeff Langtip Member Posts: 32
    edited August 2019
    Friendly chat!?!  I use the BCC method but to a GMAIL address we created only for that reason. If we need to we log in and double check it went out. I would like the email to come from our business name and not the Reckon one it does come from
  • CarolCarol Member Posts: 22
    edited January 2018
    I especially find it difficult because I send both an invoice & statement at the same time. So I 'print' the invoice so it appears on my screen as a pdf then actually print both the invoice and statement then scan them together to my own email address, change the name of the pdf to the clients name, save it, attach it to an email and then send it to the client! What a lengthy process where as before it was so easy to see it go from my own email outbox. At least the way I do it makes it much more personalised to the client when asking them to pay up!
    edited August 2019
    Oh and Graham mate I always request a read receipt when I send an invoice. What do you do?
    edited June 2016
    Gary I agree it's not the best solution but sending it to myself just works. Then I can send it from Outlook
  • CarolCarol Member Posts: 22
    edited January 2018
    Gary, yes I understand that. It's just that I send the invoice & statement together in the one email.
    edited June 2016
    Graeme mate, do you ring every client who doesn't pay you to see if they have gotten your invoice?
    edited June 2016
    Mirko thanks for deleting my post;)