one step update not working in Personal Plus 2015

Darren_7106217
Darren_7106217 Member Posts: 1
I have now upgraded to Personal Plus 2015 to get the stock prices updated but the One Step Update button is not working.  If I go into the Security Detail View and select Update - Download Quotes it does update the current stock quotes.  How can I get the One Step Update working?

Comments

• Mike Hankey
    Mike Hankey Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2014
    I'm having the same problem, but the manual update only works for US Security prices.
  • gavin.nicholson.au
    gavin.nicholson.au Member Posts: 78
    edited October 2014
    My one step button works but am I the only one who has a bunch of companies which it never downloads data for? For years I have had to manually enter quotes for AZZ, SLX, TAP and I notice BTA in my watch list also doesn't update?
  • Chris Chalkley
    Chris Chalkley Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2014
    I also upgraded to reckon Accounts 2015 to get the stock prices. It had been working for a few months until last week. Since 14th November, neither the one touch nor the Security Detail view will download the Australian stock prices.  What gives?
  • Doug_7240769
    Doug_7240769 Member Posts: 9
    edited July 2019
    I upgraded to Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2015 in early November, but I am not able to update stock prices through the 'One Step Update'. The last successful update was on 17 November. Am I doing something wrong?
  • Doug_7240769
    edited July 2019
    The "open Security Detail View and click update in the top left corner" workaround does not work for me for prices after 17 November.
  • Steve_2218070
    Steve_2218070 Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Just to add to the number of people for whom this now doesn't work. I also  use Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2015 and the Updates haven't worked since November 17. Must be a problem with the server but I hope it gets fixed soon!
  • Michael Holmes
    Michael Holmes Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
    edited November 2014
    I'm putting my hand up too. My updates haven't worked since November 17th also. Very frustrating!!
  • Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Hi guys, we're aware of this issue and have passed it onto our IT team who are investigating. Will provide updates as they come.

• Steve_2218070
    edited November 2014
    Thank you Mirko.
  • Miro
    Miro Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2015
    I have the same issue but my updates worked up to and including the 20th November.  Can I assume this is the same problem?
  • Live4life
    Live4life Member Posts: 27
    edited November 2014
    My updates for ASX end of day prices also worked up to and including 20th November, but not since then. Could this be the same problem? I am using Accounts Personal Plus 2015.
  • Peter Dickson
    Peter Dickson Member Posts: 28 ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    I am in the same position as Live4life and Miro. Are we any closer to a solution? This is incredibly frustrating!
  • Doug_7240769
    edited November 2014
    Stock updates are working again today! Hooray!
    However, stock prices for 20th and 21st have not been updated :-(
    Is anyone else having this problem?
  • Angus Millen
    Angus Millen Member Posts: 3
    edited November 2014
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Share prices are not updating is there a known problem?. I am using Reckon Accounts 2015 and the share prices are not updating is there a known problem? They worked fine on Sunday 16 November however when I next tried last Sunday they are not updating.
  • Mirko
    edited November 2015

Hey Guys, we have been advised that the issue has been fixed. We did some testing on our end as well and found this to be the case. There is the issue of the 20th and 21st (for us, I've seen some users post that 20th was ok for them). This will need to be imported manually. I understand some users have many, many shares, for this I would recommend the great CSV manipulations Community users like John Campbell has posted about (Well worth a read).
  • Steve_2218070
    edited November 2014
    Thank you. It is working for me now. Cheers
  • Reckon FAQs
    Reckon FAQs Reckon Staff Posts: 357 Reckon Staff
    edited March 2017
    Hi Everyone,

The Share Price Download service experienced difficulties on those days and in the process of restoring the service, the data files for those days were lost.

Reckon apologies for the inconvenience this has caused you.

We have been able to restore some data for these days – the Closing Price.  Please see the post: No-share-price-download-for-20-and-21-November-2014 to import the closing price data for those days.

regards,

• Peter Dickson
    Peter Dickson Member Posts: 28 ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    I have the same problem - most disappointing.
  • Danielle Thomas
    Danielle Thomas Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2014
    Me too.  We pay good money!  Please fix ASAP
  • Tony Grima
    Tony Grima Member Posts: 5
    edited December 2016
    Also have the same issue no price updates since the 5th November have updated to the latest version with no luck. Need this fixed ASAP
  • Mirko
    edited November 2015
    Thanks for your feedback guys. I escalated to our Developers and Product Management team last night once. ^Mirko
  • Mirko
    edited November 2015
    Hi Tony, try Investing > Online Activities > Download Quotes (http://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=2742) if that does not get it working for you, you'll need to give technical support a call. Please wait until everyone advises they are able to get their share prices to give the above steps a go. ^Mirko

• Malincan
    Malincan Member Posts: 13 ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    My last successful download of quotes was for December 11 data, nothing since then.
  • Gregory Tye
    Gregory Tye Member Posts: 5
    edited December 2016
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled One step update not working in Personal Plus 2015 as of December 16.
  • Malincan
    Malincan Member Posts: 13 ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Just picked up December 15 quotes, not exactly sure what is happening.  Friday 12 data did not come down.
  • Reckon FAQs
    Reckon FAQs Reckon Staff Posts: 357 Reckon Staff
    edited March 2017
    Hello Everyone,

We are sorry for the inconvenience the downtime on One Step Update caused you a few days ago.

The data for 15th December 2014 became available on the next day, but unfortunately we could not restore the full data for the 12th December 2014.  

We were able to retrieve the closing prices for the 12th.  Please follow our post 
    No-share-price-download-for-12-December-2014 
    to import this data into your Reckon Accounts Personal 2015.

regards,

• John Campbell
    John Campbell Member Posts: 193 ✭✭
    edited February 2017

I do not understand why Reckon can not fix these problems.

Why can't you restore the data that was missing ? Surely this data can be recreated. ( I do this on a regular basis in RPP 2013, so I know it is not too difficult. )

Why can't you provide data for more than 7 days so that users can recover the data that was temporarily(!!) unavailable ?

Again, this is not a difficult problem to solve, but is repeatedly occurring with Reckon Accounts Personal 2015.

Another change that should be considered is an enhanced error report option to indicate what security codes are not being updated, and why this occurred.

These repeated errors and delays in correcting them indicate a lack of competence of Reckon support.

• gavin.nicholson.au
    gavin.nicholson.au Member Posts: 78
    edited December 2014
    Unfortunately I think these will all be rhetorical questions...?