Point of Sale transfer changing item from inventory to service

Options
ron stout
ron stout Member Posts: 2
edited December 2017 in Point of Sale
When+i+transfer+the+item+list+from+Reckon+accounts+to+the+point+of+sale+system+the+item+change+from+inventory+part+to+service+can+you+explain+what+is+happening

Comments

• Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant
    Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant Accredited Partner Posts: 468 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017
    Options

Hi Ron,

Not that I mean to not believe you, but I don't see how this is possible?

In Reckon Accounts once an item has been setup as Inventory it can't be changed to anything else.

You wouldn't have 2 data files by any chance and POS is talking to one whilst you are looking at another?

Can I suggest you look at getting an Accredited Partner out to see you or I can login remotely to help you?

http://home.reckon.com.au/support/Home/ReckonSupport/FindAReckonAccreditedPartner.aspx

Kind regards,

Sally McIntosh (Sally@samsolutions.com.au)

• Graham Boast
    Graham Boast Accredited Partner Posts: 331 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Hi Ron

When POS posts transactions to Reckon, any items in the transaction files that at are not already in the itemlist get autocreated by Reckon Accounts as a service item.  Similarly, any account names that it cannot find may sometimes be autocreated as Bank Accounts.

You don't want either to happen.

In your case, it may be that a change was made to the "itemname/subitem of" part of the item. This happens as follows:
    • Item is in Reckon Accounts as "Cedarwood" subitem of "Timber" - known by Reckon as "Timber:Cedarwood"
    • Products transferred to POS in POS Administrator
    • Sale of Timber:Cedarwood occurs
    • In Reckon, someone changes the "Itemname/Subitem of" to say "Timber:Cedar 100x25x6m" or perhaps "Lumbar:Cedarwood"
    • Changes transfered to POS, but too late, a sale is already in the system as "Timber:Cedarwood"
    • End of Day
    • Post transactions to Reckon.  Reckon hasn't got a "Timber:Cedarwood" item so it is autocreated as an item with no details.
    Things you can do to prevent this:
    • for your end-of-day process, Transfer-Post-Transfer.  The first transfer will give you a report letting you know of items in the transaction file that aren't in Reckon Account.  The 2nd transfer is necessary to update the adjusted inventory levels after the post.
    • Change "itemname:subitem of" and "Account:subaccount of: (for accounts linked to POS Items at the end of the day. eg end of day, transfer, post, make any changes required, transfer
    Graham Boast 0409317366
    Reckon Accredited Consultant
    graham@reckonhelp.com.au
    http://reckonhelp.com.au/remotesupport.htm

Graham Boast | 0409 317366 | graham@reckonhelp.com.au