scanner wont work on pos

benjaminlobb
benjaminlobb Member Posts: 2
edited August 2019 in Point of Sale
hi i have reckon 2009/10 - all works fine, except recently my datalogic touch 65 scanner broke, so i replaced it with one of the exact specs. However when i use it to scan on POS it just comes up as error selected, key has no function. Oddly it will scan when i go to the product number tab? In options I have selected the correct scanner. How can i resolve this issue please?

Comments

• Rik Dillon_7332388
    Rik Dillon_7332388 Member Posts: 14
    edited August 2019
    Open Notepad or Word or similar and then scan the item.  This will tell if the scanner is adding the tilde (~).  I'm no expert (I don't know if many are with POS) but I've sorted a few things out by the suck-it-and-see method.
  • Rik Dillon_7332388
    edited January 2015
    I'm sure there are, but they seem hard to find.  The trouble is that you pay for someone who hangs up their shingle but still get someone who just tries different options until it works.  I don't know what your background is but those who subscribe to such forums as these are extremely grateful for your advice. 
  • Rik Dillon_7332388
    edited January 2015
    I seem to have unintentionally opened a can of worms.  I never said I wanted free advice but I have paid for some pretty poor advice in the past. I'm happy to employ someone for a difficult problem and if I source that tech from forums such as this that's fine.  Some of the techs I have spoken with have not been very familiar with POS (even those at QB) -this made me doubt the level of knowledge in this area.
  • david mac
    david mac Member Posts: 6
    edited October 2015
    please advise how to program a ~ to the barcode scanner