On-line downloads with unique EFTPOS, DD and AP payees

Frank Carter
Frank Carter Member Posts: 4
edited February 2020 in Accounts Hosted
When using online bank data downloads each ETPOS, DD and AP transaction has a unique transaction number  in the  bank statement payee field.  How can I avoid having to set up a 'new supplier' for each unique transaction number before adding it to the register. 

Comments

• Shane_6461899
    Shane_6461899 Reckon Staff Posts: 339 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2020

Hi Frank,

You can't stop it doing that, but what you can do is after you add the new supplier, and the transaction, is open that transaction, change it to the supplier name you want to use, and then delete the supplier that has the number in its name.  I know its not really user friendly, but that's they only way I can see to make this work.  Otherwise you end up with a different supplier for every transaction that gets entered.

Regards,

Shane.

• Frank Carter
    Frank Carter Member Posts: 4
    edited July 2015
    Thank you Shane,  I am very new to the community - do you think it is worth asking Reckon if this can be made more user friendly ? How would we do that ?  I have a couple of clients who have 70 - 80% transactions on EFTPOS  - its quicker to post from paper bank statement than download

Again thank you for your reply

Frank  
  • Shane_6461899
    Shane_6461899 Reckon Staff Posts: 339 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2020
    Hi Frank,

You can request new features in the software by clicking Help > Suggest new features.  These suggestions go to the development team.  It would be good if the banks would simply put the payee name only in the payee field as it would solve the problem.

Regards,
    Shane.