Citrix

Bronwyn Kaye
Bronwyn Kaye Member Posts: 10
edited September 2020 in Accounts Hosted

I have been lucky enough to be able to use Hosted online today.  Fingers crossed I haven't just jinxed myself.

I have a question though. Noticed this yesterday too.  Citrix logs itself off, it says my session with the server has expired.  Does it need to always run, or is it necessary just at the start up of the program.  I've been able to continue to work, enter invoices, cheques, and even did a backup to my hard drive.

Don't know if it will affect me when I need to do anything complicated, wanting to balance today. Have just been entering invoices.

Any advice appreciated.

Thank you.

Comments

• Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Hey Bronwyn, Citrix connects your PC to Hosted and your Company file, if Citrix logs off, it would break your connection. Next time this happens can you send me some screenshots, so I can pass it onto tech support to investigate.
  • Elaine Smith
    Elaine Smith Member Posts: 10
    edited June 2014
    I am also having the above problem, help please
  • Mirko
    edited November 2015
    Hi Elaine, I've done some tests myself (logged in and left my Reckon Accounts idling for a while, received pop up, continued working, all changes saved on next log on).

The pop up screen saying 'session expired' seems to relate to the web browser's connection to the Citrix website. It should not affect your connection to the software.

If you are having problems with the software, contacting tech support would be next point of contact. - Mirko
  • Elaine Smith
    edited June 2014
    Thanks for your help Mirko, I heard from Reckon and they are going to be upgrading soon to the cloud version which is supposed to cut out the citrix requirement
  • Jason Hollis
    Jason Hollis Alumni Posts: 516 Reckon Staff
    edited December 2016

Hi Elaine,

I can confirm you will NOT need to install the citrix receiver on any platform when using Reckon Accounts Hosted V2 (version 2).

Regards,
    Jason

• Elaine Smith
    edited June 2014
    looking forward to it, Thanks Jason
  • Rom-Control Pty Ltd Rom-Control Pty Ltd
    edited July 2014
    We encounter the same issue. Citrix logs the user off. Although the desktop is in the same status it was left in, the user has to log into Citrix again and restart the session with the software which is quite a nuisance. How can we overcome this?
  • Mirko
    edited November 2015
    Hey RC, have you tried reinstalling Citrix &/or logging on from an alternate browser? As Jason has mentioned Hosted will not use Citrix in the near future, as it will be inbuilt to the browser. Cheers, Mirko.
  • Caren Grove
    Caren Grove Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2015
    Hi, I am using Hosted through the browser, not Citrix but am always logged off when I go to close a session. Why does it do this and why is the window so brief. Even though I am continually working it appears to be logging me out in the background somehow.
  • Jason Hollis
    Jason Hollis Alumni Posts: 516 Reckon Staff
    edited December 2016
    Hi Caren,

Firstly if you no longer use Citrix for any applications then you can un-install it as Reckon Accounts Hosted is now an 'in browser' application.

Secondly, the dashboard will log out even though you are still logged into Reckon Accounts. This is because you have been inactive on the dashboard but NOT the program. This is nothing to worry about. You can still work happily in Reckon Accounts even though the dashboard has logged out.

Finally, to make sure you close the session properly, always log out of Reckon Accounts Hosted by choosing File > Exit. Never just close the browser tab.

Regards,
    Jason
This discussion has been closed.