Is QuickBooks Desktop Webconnector supported with Reckon Enterprise Edition

Akash Butani
Akash Butani Member Posts: 3
edited August 2016 in Point of Sale
Hi Support,

We need to integrate Reckon Desktop Enterprise Edition with our online store. We have done this integration with QuickBooks Webconnector in QuickBooks.

Can we use QuickBooks Webconnector to connect with Reckon.

Comments

• Chris McGregor
    Chris McGregor Member Posts: 140
    edited April 2015
    Hi Akash, Yes you can use the webconnector, just be careful with the xml requests your send through as some of the features and language used by quickbooks will not work for Reckon Accounts as the qbxml versions differ. It is also rumoured that the Reckon Accounts Hosted products API will be available this year and it too will use the same qbXML version so building your app in one might work for both :) For more information about this please send an email to sdk@reckon.com as this is about the limit of my knowledge on this subject Regards, Chris
  • Chris McGregor
    edited April 2015
    PS: The webconnector can't be used directly to the the Reckon Point of Sale product. Point of sale doesn't have an SDK as such but theoretically if you are using the Enterprise version of Point of sale(different to reckon account Enterprise) it does have an MS SQL database that you can admin your self and there for potentially add your own integration directly into it. However there is no support or documents on this, you would be pioneering the process. If it were me I would start with a bare minimum database and perform a couple of transactions in Point of sale and see which tables are being effected and then create my code to replicate a regular transaction.
  • Akash Butani
    edited April 2015
    Hi Chris,

I have API which will generate invoice in QuickBooks with QuickBook Web Connector. Can i use this with Reckon.

We are facing problems when configure webconnector with reckon like below

QBWC1039: There was a problem adding the application. Check QWCLog.txt for details.
    Error connecting to QuickBooks. Error message received from QuickBooks was <Could not start QuickBooks.>

If you do not have QuickBooks installed on this system, you would need to install it before running web connector.

Thanks,
    Akash
  • Chris McGregor
    edited April 2015
    Hi Akash, Yes that's correct, you will need Reckon Accounts installed as that's where the SDK service is, the webconnector it's just a mediator for sending data to the SDK, so without Reckon Accounts your webconnector message will not be sent anywhere and you will receive errors like you are currently receiving. If you don't have Reckon Accounts just download a trial to get you out of trouble. Alternatively if you join the SDK team you can get a copy of reckon account through that also. http://home.reckon.com.au/partners/ReckonPartners/OtherProfessionals/SoftwareDevelopment.aspx .
  • Akash Butani
    edited April 2015
    Hi Chris,

I installed Reckon as well as QuickBooks and  still i am getting this message.

Its properly work with QuickBooks and invoice generated properly in QuickBooks. We are stuck with Reckon to connect this Web Connector.

Should we require Reckon Specific Webconnector to connect with Reckon?

Thanks,
    Akash
  • Chris McGregor
    edited April 2015
    Hi Akash, The one issued with the SDK is webconnector 2.0. As long as you have reckon accounts open and in the file you have stated in your programming that you want to use it should just work. I can't help you with the connection string. As I said earlier you will need to email SDK@reckon.com for more info. SDK@reckon.com Regards, Chris