Assigning a group name to an each item to show as column in reports

Gail Friday Office Solutions
Gail Friday Office Solutions Member Posts: 53 ✭✭

A clients wants to assign a particular group name to each item to be able to see this as a column in reports run also as custom search filter would be a bonus or they can export to excel and filter their

They started to use the custom filter field and entered the group name in each item they set up as assumed this would work from them.

They called me in to help with a new company file set up and so when doing some testing advised that what they had done would not work for them unless added as a field on the invoice template and still have to manually type the group on each line of the invoice. They are not keen on this method now as have over 15 groups so is a tedious task as do a lot of invoicing per day.

I advised they could use classes as they can be pre-set up so don’t have to type in name each time so would be better that the custom filter method but they do not want to have to assign each line item on the invoice but I can’t see any other way around it. (each invoice usually uses at least 4 or 5 of the group names, so does need to be per line)

I thought about using the manufacture part and barcode field as these can be assigned to the items but I can’t find a report where this will show up in any reports.

One other option I have is using subheadings in the item listing but again is not that ideal for them as are wanting to use the reports to import in sales CRM System

Can anyone suggest how to find a report using manufacture part or barcode or any other suggestions please

Comments

• cosmic
    cosmic Reckon Developer Partner Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Gail, i need more info please send me some samples in excel or screen shots
    the bar code use is a problem,with sdk , as it is quite outdated and not updated compared to Intuits SDK. If they are using hosted , we cant help right now, have to wait till 2- 3 months for hosted.
    Within Reckon work arounds is difficult.

Cosmic Accounting Group

Accountants and Tax Agents 22397009

• Gail Friday Office Solutions
    edited June 2020
    they are using desktop
    There are no screenshots I can provide as just looking for a report they can run that will show custom field if used in the item set up or the either the MPN or barcode number which I tried as a work around hoping would come up in reports but are not filter or display options in modify reports 
    or i can get them to assign a class next to each line item in the invoices they raise
  • cosmic
    edited June 2020
    hi Gail , please call me tomorrow , or i will call you , i have your number

Cosmic Accounting Group

edited February 2016
    edited February 2016
    Thanks will do
  • cosmic
    edited December 2016
    i will call u tommorrow pls, just send me on chandra@cosmicinnovations.com

Cosmic Accounting Group

• Kevin Silberberg
    Kevin Silberberg Member Posts: 50
    edited July 2015
    There appear to be several issues here including barcoding.  Leaving aside sdk issues, my general approach is to recommend to clients that they learn how to create Pivot Tables within Excel.  Excel has all the filtering and reporting tools required provided the necessary fields (or strings) are in the data.  I try to minimize data entry especially categorization within Reckon by Classes, Groups and other front end work loads for they are usually quite unnecessary.
    edited February 2016
    um not sure you grasped my question - if they cant have the additional detail added in one of the fields that I am suggesting to show when running sales reports then then they do not have the info do be able to use the Pivot Tables in Excel of which the client was hoping to use as yes they do not want to use classes etc really
  • Kevin Silberberg
    Kevin Silberberg Member Posts: 50
    edited July 2015
    Gail, what data stored in the field "Group" are to be stored?  What attribute is to be captured in the Group field?  What is the client seeking to report by the attribute to be captured in the Group field?
    edited February 2016
    Kevin
    they want to assign some extra detail to each item (approx 20 different types) as such to and not the lines when raise the invoice.
    Hence the reason for thinking of utilising the MPN or barcode field or using headings for the detail is looking the probably most likely way they will have to go at this stage but Chandra has said he will discuss with me tomorrow so I will see what he suggests unless you have any other ideas