need+a+warning+when+debtor+has+outstanding+invoices

Allan_6480951
Allan_6480951 Member Posts: 15

I have a large customer which has many stores. Stores order good but accounts paid by head office. They have just advised that will only pay 60day of invoice date.

How can I get a warning for by store that there is an over due invoice when processing sales order or an invoice. As I which to hold shipment until account for that store is in line with there trading terms.

Comments

• Kevin Silberberg
    Kevin Silberberg Member Posts: 50
    edited July 2015
    Allan, you can generate a report of Accounts Receivable.  The selections within Reckon are Reports:Customers & Receivables:A/R Ageing Summary.  Amounts owed will be displayed in columns (Current, 1-30, 31-60, 61-90, >90 and Total).
  • Allan_6480951
    edited April 2015
    Thank you kevin, but the staff don't have time to look at reports when doing orders or invoices. I know that the system will bring up an warning if an account on stop credit or over credit limit but that's the only warning
  • Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant
    Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant Accredited Partner Posts: 468 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017

Hi Allan,

Yes this is a feature that many have requested in the past. Not a warning on credit limit but a warning when there is outstanding invoices.

Maybe Mirko can get it bumped up the feature request list????

Kind regards,

Sally McIntosh (Sally@samsolutions.com.au)

• Inigo
    Inigo Member Posts: 193
    edited April 2015
    Allan,

It does not look like there is a built-in function for what you need.

If the staff are too busy to check reports, then you may want to get a custom solution created that makes use of the Reckon Accounts SDK (software development kit)

-IM
  • cosmic
    cosmic Reckon Developer Partner Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Yes, Inigo, you are right, thses kinds of features are available in bigger systems,talking big dollars, and will not find in SME softwares like RA, MYOB, and others.
    this is again the issue of workarounds vs automation, that i have been facing since more than 17 years now. Creating automated Stock Alerts, and giving warning on outstanding receivables, that we have already talked about we can assist any business wanting these features.

Cosmic Accounting Group

Accountants and Tax Agents 22397009

• Allan_6480951
    edited April 2015

Thanks Guys for your help. But when multi nationals can't pay small business in a respectable time and we are forced to get additional bank finance to cover there debts, its worth wondering if we should do business with them.

The SME software sounds like a great idea but I don't think we would be able to get value for money in this current conditions, so will just have to find another way around my problem.

• Linda ABC
    Linda ABC Accredited Partner Posts: 1,131 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited June 2020
    Hi Allen - totally agree with your comments regarding the way multi nationals make life tough for small businesses with their total disregard for your trading terms and just set their own!  I have clients who suffer from this and it is very frustrating and shows a complete disregard for your business needs.  It is indeed a pity that your pricing structure probably cant reflect the time you have to wait to be paid!...

My best suggestion for a workaround is this...make sure you have the Open Window list showing from the View menu.  Then if your screen is big enough - Choose to show Multiple Windows (also from the View menu) and set it to Tile Vertifically (from the Window menu)

Then bring up the Customer Centre - and filter this by Overdue Invoices and go to the multi national store customer... - then your staff can press Ctrl+I or Select Invoice from the New Transaction drop down - you can then process your invoice whilst being able to see the overdue invoices for this client.  Certainly not ideal but allows you to see the information you need?

Regards
    Linda
  • Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Good call Sally! - I'll raise this thread with our Development team for consideration. :)
  • DebraM
    DebraM Member Posts: 7
    edited April 2016
    I don't have a filter for overdue invoices, only for open balances in Reckon Hosted.  Is it possible to set up?