Salary Sacrifice amount on Super Report by Employee

Options
Anne_7253217
Anne_7253217 Member Posts: 4
edited January 2020 in Accounts Hosted
I have an employee who is salary sacrificing (SS) into super. How can I get this SS amount to show up in the Super Report by Employee. Currently only the employer contributions show up on that report.

Thanks

Comments

• Charley
    Charley Member Posts: 542 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Quite simply it won't. The Super report shows Super guarantee. The SS amount is a deduction pre tax from wage, providing it's not over the limit then it is a Non reportable fringe benefit
  • Anne_7253217
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Thanks Charles. So people who have to remember the SS contributions have to either use a customised report or make a manual note to remember this additional contribution each month. Not ideal when you have a lot of employees who have different funds and different SS contributions.
  • Kathy Mackinlay_6947388
    Kathy Mackinlay_6947388 Member Posts: 141
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Hi Anne, If you do the Super Report by Fund or by Employee the Salary sacrifice amounts is on that. Hope this helps. Kathy
  • Charley
    edited January 2020
    Options

I take it you have set it up in the payroll, it should be a certain amount each pay (either weekly, fortnightly or monthly) You can set up a customised report to show the SG amount and the SS amount just by selecting the payroll items and then filtering by employee.

If you have a lot of employees then probably setting up the SS payroll item by fund would be best but I tend to set up SG payroll items and SS Super by employee, more cumbersome but much easier to follow for each employee.

If you need to you can call me on 02 66834083

• Anne_7253217
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Kathy, unfortunately in my case the SS amount does not show up on either report. 
  • Anne_7253217
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Thanks again Charles. Yes I have set up the SS in payroll but I can't work out how to select two payroll items in one report ie Superannuation (Employer contribution) and Salary sacrifice (Employee contribution). Assume this is possible?
  • Charley
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Yes it is possible, when you filter the report select by payroll item and then tick the ones you need in the report, don't forget to memorise it
  • Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant
    Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant Accredited Partner Posts: 468 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited April 2017
    Options

Hi Anne,

I would suggest that your payroll items have not been setup correctly.

Because on the Super by Employee Report it definitely shows the SA, SS, EA, etc. It doesn't group it together, but it definitely shows it pay by pay for each employee.

Let me know if you need a remote appointment for me to go through it with you.

Kind regards,

Sally McIntosh (Sally@samsolutions.com.au)

• Kathy Mackinlay_6947388
    Kathy Mackinlay_6947388 Member Posts: 141
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Hi Anne, I checked on my Salary Sacrifice super and I have it selected as SS and Type Super in the payroll items list.
  • Casey_6659546
    Casey_6659546 Member Posts: 3
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Hi all, thanks for your information on this topic as I have just had to set up an employee for SS. To be honest I never used the Super Report before but the Payroll Liability Report. I found that the SS appeared on the Super Report but not the Payroll Liability Report (this is what I normally print when paying Super). Should I just use the Super Report moving forward or is there a way to show it on the Payroll Liability Report? 
    Casey