POS 2015 Upgrade

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0
edited September 2018 in Point of Sale
Trying to upgrade my POS 2014 to 2015 Administrator but getting message Error 1316 The specific account already exists

Comments

• Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant
    Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant Accredited Partner Posts: 468 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited September 2018

Hi Neville,

It seems POS is trying to create a new account in your chart of accounts maybe but it is already in there, but under a different type maybe.

I would suggest either contacting your local Reckon Accredited Partner to come out and find it for you: http://home.reckon.com.au/support/Home/ReckonSupport/FindAReckonAccreditedPartner.aspx?__hstc=157624...

Or I can organise a remote appointment with you to help isolate the issue?

Kind regards,

Sally McIntosh (Sally@samsolutions.com.au)

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited February 2017
    Why would it be trying to create a new account when it is just an upgrade from POS 2014 to POS 2015. cheers Neville
  • Chris McGregor
    Chris McGregor Member Posts: 140
    edited May 2015
    Hey Neville, This only usually happens when an account name has been changes. Pos requires its default accounts when it is first created and after an upgrade I it checks and you have changed something you will find this message appears. To resolve it, go to the pos admin install directory(usually c:\reckon\point of sale administrator) in there you will find a file call 'qbstand.pos' this is an iif file with the standard items required for pos to do its integration into reckon account. You can either open reckon accounts and go to file>import>iif files> browse to that file but make sure you say all file or it won't see it, then import and see if it works. If not you may need to open that file using notepad or excel and check that each item and account exist in reckon account with the correct type eg the dollar discount items should be in reckon account as an item type discount not other charge or something strange. If you already have it's called this then just rename them in reckon accounts and allow the import to work then do the transfer from pos admin and it should be happy days. Regards, Chris
    Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant Accredited Partner Posts: 468 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited December 2016

Hi Andrew,

No it would not be a free appointment. If I only gave out free advice all the time I would not be doing this as I haven't won the lotto to be able to work for free.

As you may or may not see I am on this Community frequently providing people with my "free" advice which would that be my current client base I would probably charge for that assistance.

I am happy to help out as much as possible (and time permitting) but when more detail is required that going back and forth with questions as opposed to seeing what is needed then I believe it is only fair to charge for these appointments.

If Accountants, Bookkeepers, Consultants, etc. all constantly gave out free advice then there wouldn't be any!

Kind regards,

edited December 2016

Hi Neville,

Further to what Chris has said, what I was trying to say before is say Reckon POS needs an account called POS Sales (example only not a real scenario) and it is an income type in the file. However in your account list it is set up as an expense type, then it will be trying to add it to the system but of course it can't as there is already an account with that name but of a different type.

If you follow Chris's instructions you will get to the bottom of it.

Kind regards,

• cosmic
    cosmic Reckon Developer Partner Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Good one !

Cosmic Accounting Group

Accountants and Tax Agents 22397009