how do you add bank account details on invoices for customers to pay by direct deposit

Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
Kwikbooks (Professional Partner) Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
edited February 20 in Reckon One
I have just put my first client on Reckon one, where/how do you enter his bank account details so they print on each invoice. You can't customise the template you can only add or delete basic data like, address, ABN.  He uses the invoice on the go feature and this could be a deal breaker.

Comments

• Kevin Silberberg
    Kevin Silberberg Member Posts: 50
    edited July 2015
    Kim, I used a text box when editing the Tax Invoice template in which I typed the BSB and account number .  You do not need to use a data field.  Just write the text and numbers you want in the text box (or boxes).
  • Qwerty
    Qwerty Member Posts: 261
    edited March 2017
    Hi Kim, I believe Kevins reply relates to the Reckon Accounts application. In regards to Reckon One application, the short answer is that this is a known issue. The Reckon One team are aware of this issue & it will be addressed in a future release. See this thread for more information. https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/are_there_plans_for_customisable_invoices_in_reckon_one For now a suggested work around is to utilise the customer notes field on the invoice. This is a manual procedure for each invoice.
  • Spilly
    Spilly Member Posts: 182 ✭✭
    edited August 2020
    The age of that thread is the main problem here, over 1 year ago this issue was discussed and yet nothing to this day. On a technical basis that would take less than 1 hour to implement. Add Database field, Fix UI for company details, fix sql queries, add field to invoice templates & update existing databases.

While they may be busy with html5 rewrite which has no release date, perhaps they should fix their short comings 1st.

Simple things include like being able to add payments details to invoices, fix the sorting on trail balance reports. Being able to print black & white reports, as the current reports are next to unreadable print in grey scale.
  • Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
    edited April 2020
    Totally agree, with above, this product has been out for so long and I am embarrassed that I have recommended this over hosted.  Thought all bugs would be out of it by now which is why I never recommended it till now, but I am left with egg on my face that they have to enter bank account details manually on every invoice via their phone/tablet. I am pretty sure this person will tell me to stick it and go back to his previous product, especially if the printed invoices are unreadable as well in grey print.
    edited April 2020
    I have devised a better work around than manually getting the client to type bank details on every invoice created in notes.... I have set up an item called 'bank' and entered the bank details in the description field, at least this way he only has to add the item line to his invoice.

It's still not ideal because it prints zeros in the amounts and will put zero line in sales, but it is better than the manually entry on each invoice.

So, embarrassing, when will this be fixed, how long has this basic invoice module been out for now 18mths, 2 years?
    edited April 2020
    I recommended Reckon one over the easily obtained Inv2go option this person has been using for months, he operates it from  his phone, the invoicing in this $2 month system far outshines Reckon One.

This is the notification that goes with an invoice emailed from the inv2go system.....

Hi,

Thank you for your business.

Your Invoice is attached to this email. If you are having trouble opening this document we recommend you install Adobe Reader

Click here to notify us that you have paid

This is the lovely invoice from the inv2go system, complete with bank details at the bottom and business address even has enough room for his email address (more Stationary options available).... 

This is the Reckon One invoice... in Reckon One the email address goes over 2 lines because I cannot even change how long the email address box is...the mobile doesn't fit properly into the phone number space provided because it is set up for landline format  (xx) xxxx xxxx tried typing mobile into provided box leaving area code blank but it wouldn't fit, this mobile looks so unprofessional with (04) xxxxxxxx.

Embarrassment, total and utter embarrassment that $2 app programs can do better than Reckon who has been around for many years. I have been a Reckon follower since your first Quicken cashbook program and I am going to court tomorrow to fight a client who doesn't want to pay me because of your product, that it is useless, and I am going to defend me and the product...Reckon One is a total let down.

edited April 2020
    OMG, just when you think it can't get worse it does, I have just uploaded the logo to Reckon one invoice, it is a tiny spec, a dot in the top LH corner, can't even see it is a logo..
  • Tania Kirby
    Tania Kirby Member Posts: 6
    edited July 2015
    Im a new user and this problem is still ongoing.  I am dissappointed.  I have been a Reckon user for many many years and this is so cluncky and awkard to use.  Fancy a simple thing like customers bank details taking more than a week to fix.  I have been reading and it seems this issue has been ongoing for some time (years).  If this issue is not fixed I will look at other avenues to invoice and reconcile my bank account.  My new tax agent recommended this program to me as I have been using Quickbooks Plus 2012-13 and I must say I prefer that that this version.  Not really happy BUT I will stay as a customer if this is fixed within the promised July fix.  If it is not, then you have lost me.  Sorry
  • Qwerty
    edited March 2017
    Hi guys,

Today's Reckon One update includes the functionality to add payment details to invoices.

General settings > Day to day > Selling > Invoices > Payment details

• Qwerty
    edited December 2016

Hi Kim,

The 19/10/15 Reckon One update includes a change regarding invoice template logos. The logo size has increased from 118 by 99 pixels to 470 by 125 pixels.

Please refer to this post for more information

https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/reckon-one-invoice-logos

• Jess Scahill
    Jess Scahill Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2018
    Go to resizeyourimage.com and change your logo dimensions to 125 pixels high by 470 wide, or something within those dimensions to suit the shape of your logo. First crop it so it is a long rectangle for best results :D
  • DaddynBella_10863589
    DaddynBella_10863589 Member Posts: 1

Found the way to change or add bank account details on invoicing. Go to settings>day to day>money in. Scroll down to invoices, then scroll down to payment details. Hope this helps.

This discussion has been closed.