How do I update the year-to-date figures for payroll? For some reason, the YTD totals reverted back

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0
edited April 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
We are using Reckon Accounts Pro 2013, and a few weeks ago, the payroll YTD totals reverted back to nil.  I have reconfigured the paycheque template, but this still does not bring the YTD totals for Gross Pay, Tax, Super & Net Pay up to what is should be??? Is there any way I can get the system to recognise the proper YTD figures?
Please help,
Ruth

Comments

• Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Hey Ruth, if you change the payslip template does it make any difference?
  • [Deleted User]
    edited May 2015
    No. I tried that a few times, removed the old data field for the YTD figures, and replaced them from the data fields for YTD totals, but this did not make any difference.  I am at a loss as to how it all happened,except that I  added Superanuation Funds to some employees, but I did have to change a few payslips for one employee - as the week ending dates were incorrect.  Would this have had any effect on all YTD figures?
    Cheers,
    Ruth

• Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
    Kwikbooks (Professional Partner) Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Hi Ruth

YTD resets are usually automatic when they file reaches the end of your financial year, check your start & finish dates for your financial year in "company > company information'
  • [Deleted User]
    edited May 2015
    Hi, Kim, Thanks for your input.  Yes our financial year begins in the month of July, as is our Tax year. So that wouldn't have impacted on the wages reverting to nil a month ago.....
    Thanks anyway.  Just don't know what i have done...
    Cheers,
    Ruth
    edited April 2020
    Hi Ruth

When you open a previous paycheque are the YTD totals on the paycheque on the screen or are they missing as well?  And what date did they change.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited May 2015
    I went back to the beginning, when I started working here, in December last year, and my first paycheque now has the YTD total of -$8075, and it decreases by my weekly wage amount every week till 9/4, when the YTD is nil.  Then it starts adding on from that date.  So weird!.  I checked the paycheque details for a previous employee, and hers had changed too, but in all of her printed ones, the YTD totals are all 0, but on the screen, the YTD totals are always only whatever the weekly amount is..... it is really strange.  I tried printing out a payslip from the standard templates, and it is still the same.. I just don't know how to fix it.... Any ideas???
    Cheers,
    Ruth
  • [Deleted User]
    edited May 2015
    I guess I must have done something around the week of 9th April, as up to that date, the paycheques that I had already printed out were correct. After that date, everything changed.  I cannot think of what it was, except that I had made a mistake with another employee way back in December (no timesheets here, I just have to go with what gets paid out of the bank when I reconcile, so have to input the wages afterwards - my mistake, as I should keep a track of her hours, but as I don't work when she did, it was difficult - I know now that I should have asked every week, so I could get it right!!) so I went back & changed her payslips to match the dates properly.  That may have been around the beginning of April.  If this is the case, would you know how I can fix the problem now?
    Maybe deleting the template & re-customizing a new payslip template, or somehow starting everyone on a new card and manually entering the YTD startout total????? We only have two employees at  the moment who are receiving wages, just me & another girl who has just started, so her's is not a problem.  My boss is not drawing a wage at present....
    Can you give me any suggestions.  I really don't see how by doing that to one employee would affect another employee's payslips who has already left in August last year??? 
    Cheers,
    Ruth
    edited April 2020
    try verifying and rebuilding the file if this doesn't work, check carefully each pay and make sure that the first pay doesn't have a minus in it somewhere that it shouldn't....when all else fails ring Tech support, got to love Tech support.

Try opening your first pay and alter it back to zero for everything, save & close, then open again and redo the way it should have been (print a copy first or write down the hrs etc). see if this fixes it.

If you wish to talk email me on Kim@kwikbooks.com.au if Tech support or rebuild doesn't work. I can view your computer & program remotely to see what has happened, and I am happy to do so.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited May 2015
    Hi, Kim.  I can't verify or rebuild the file as I work on the office copy, and my boss is the administrator, so I can't do any of those tasks.  We also don't have a support contract, so I can't ring Tech support.  I did try to alter everything in the first paycheque back to zero, but it would not save the changes as it cannot record a nil paycheque with no hours & no amounts.  There are no minuses anywhere. I just don't know what to do, except to start me on a new card and enter in YTD totals manually.???
    Cheers,
    Ruth
    edited April 2020
    first of all you will need to get the admin login details from the boss, login as administrator and veryify & rebuild, or have the boss do it do it. 

"if you don't have an advantage subscription then you will have to pay for tech support....

Pay per use Telephone Support*Phone:1902 223 101 
    Hours:9:00 - 5:00pm AEST/AEDT Monday-Friday
    9:00 - 4:00pm AEST/AEDT Saturday and Sunday
    Cost:Calls are charged at $4.90 per minute (GST inc)

If a member (have member number ready)
    1300 650 081
  • [Deleted User]
    edited May 2015
    Thanks for that info, Kim.  We won't be able to do that though, as being in a business that is just starting out, the funds are a bit limited.  But thanks anyway, I will just have to work it out for myself.
    Cheers,
    Ruth
    edited April 2020
    did you get to rebuild and verify, this may fix the problem, and you can always ring tech support and if the problem is a known problem with the release version they may decide to help free of charge or at least send you the link from the knowledge browser.

Happy to assist further Kim@kwikbooks.com.au 
  • [Deleted User]
    edited May 2015
    Thanks for all your help, Kim.  Yes I will try the verify & rebuild, and see how we go.  I will give the Tech guys a call and see if it is something that is a known problem - 
    Thanks again.
    Cheers,
    Ruth
  • BJ
    BJ Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2015
    Hi Ruth, Did you find anything out here, because I have spent all morning trying to figure out why the YTD on the payslips of over 60 employees is wring and I have since narrowed it down to the payweek 6-12 April 2014 is when it all went wrong and it has reset itself too.
    BJ
    edited April 2020
    Hi BJ & Ruth

Seems both your systems went wrong in early April, try deleting these offending pays (print the payslips first) and then see if all YTD are correct, then redo the offending pays of April and check YTD figures again.

You could also manually open the pays and check these offending April ones, find the last correct pay, open the next pay & open the paycheque details, check carefully that there isn't a minus hrs or minus amount in there anywhere that is making the YTD reverse or be incorrect, if there is manually fix the pay, save and see if this fixes the YTD problem, do this pay by pay for the offending period.
  • Graham Boast
    Graham Boast Accredited Partner Posts: 331 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited December 2017
    Hi All

That was the week that the 2015 version was released.  Is that the common factor?

The YTD figures will reset 1st July, so the crucial issue is whether the Payroll Summary report and the Payment Summaries are both showing the correct data.  If they are, then the underlying accounting data is correct.  It may be best to live with the wrong data on the payslips for a few more pays rather than potentially muck up your accounting data.

Graham Boast 0409317366
    Reckon Accredited Consultant
    graham@reckonhelp.com.au
    http://reckonhelp.com.au/remotesupport.htm

Graham Boast | 0409 317366 | graham@reckonhelp.com.au

• BJ
    BJ Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2015
    Hi Graham,
    Thanks for your reply, yes I agree with you in waiting until the end of the FY and it will reset, all the reports and payment summaries are correct it is just the payslips that are not. I even checked the superannuation as this was showing incorrect (as in a minus figure) on the payslips, but the super reports are correct too. The only other thing that was done around that time was a update/patch was downloaded for Super Data.
    I will check it again on the first payroll of the next FY and see how it goes.

Cheers
    BJ
  • [Deleted User]
    edited June 2015

Hi, BJ.  Yes I had the same problem, but all the reports are OK.  I have just created a dummy new card for myself, and every week I enter a pay for the correct YTD figures, then a payslip for that week, which has all the correct figures on it, as my wages are subsidized and I have to send a copy to my employment provider, then I delete this one,  so I am looking forward to the 1st July, when everything will reset, hopefully.  It was the same period that my pays all went wrong, and it wasn't just that week - it affected all the pays and all the YTD amounts back to the beginning of last year.  At least I know it wasn't something I have done, although I did adjust another co-workers pay to bring the weekly date into line, but that was all.  Here's hoping the EOY sorts if all out.  Must check the Payment Summaries also.....

Cheers,

Ruth