Making Sales receipts number follow tax invoice number

Angelo Fraietta
Angelo Fraietta Member Posts: 26
edited April 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Greetings
Is it possible to make the sales receipt follow the tax invoice number and vice versa?
I am using Reckon Accounts plus 2015.

Also, is it possible to enter a bill and have it paid immediately without having to enter the bill and then press Suppliers->pay Bills

Thanks

Comments

• Kevin Silberberg
    Kevin Silberberg Member Posts: 50
    edited May 2019
    Angelo, in relation to your second question, use the function Banking:Write Cheques.  Select the appropriate Supplier as Payee (from the drop down list), enter the date of the payment, the amount, select the appropriate Expense account and GST code (if you are reporting GST) and save.  You may wish to record the Tax Invoice number in the Memo line.  The No. (of the "Cheque") can be the transaction number as reported on the bank statement, the Cheque number if you pay by cheque or some arbitrary number you wish to assign to the transaction.
  • Kevin Silberberg
    Kevin Silberberg Member Posts: 50
    edited July 2015
    I should have included the need to make sure the payment is from the appropriate bank account displayed at the top left of the display.
  • Angelo Fraietta
    edited June 2015
    Fantastic - works perfectly!
  • Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
    Kwikbooks (Professional Partner) Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Hi Angelo, further to this once you have the 'write cheque' correct on the screen and before you 'save' it, you can 'memorise' the transaction (right click), if it is a re-occureing transaction, on a regular basis, you can also make it enter automatically on a set date, daily, weekly, fortnightly, monthly etc.

As for the sales receipts - you could if you manually checked each system numbers each time you entered, but they will never follow on as they are 2 different systems for lack of better description, and generate their own numbers separately.
  • Angelo Fraietta
    edited May 2019
    ok - thanks. Is there a way we suggest this as a feature to reckon to add?
    edited April 2020
    You can suggest anything you like, but getting it is a different thing :):)

Personally my clients nor I have had an issue with 2 different numbering systems, as one is a receipt issued or generated with the payment, the invoices is paid at a later date by the customer.
  • Angelo Fraietta
    edited May 2019
    The sales receipt is still a tax invoice. So I have tax invoices with separate numbering systems. It would make more sense to be able to make the numbers sequential. The only real difference between them is that the money was paid at the time.
    edited April 2020
    Yes, correct it is still a Tax invoice but is rarely referred back to unless someone needs a refund or credit.  With the 2 numbering systems you get twice the numbers available before resetting to 00001, and in all my years using Reckon/Quickbooks the 2 systems have never caused confusion or an issue, even if you are running sales receipts through a customer file they never come up when you are receipting a payment, only the invoices do.  Seach is easy as well, you search either a sales receipt number or invoice number. :)
  • Angelo Fraietta
    edited June 2015
    I print them as PDF with the number. When a Tax invoice with a number that is less than the previous one, you would assume it is earlier. As a software engineer, I can be sure that it would be quite an easy option to add to the software.
  • Boydey
    Boydey Member Posts: 6

Has the sequential numbers for sales receipts and tax invoices been fixed?