YTD Personal Leave used not correct on Pay Slip

Amanda Barrow-Scott
Amanda Barrow-Scott Member Posts: 11
edited January 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I'm using Reckon Accounts Premier 2015. Since upgrading I've noticed some (not all) employees year to date Personal Leave accrued is incorrect on the Pay Slip. Correct hours are shown under Employee Profile and Leave Accrual Summary report.  I've deleted the "Personal Used" field in the Payslip Template and added it back in, plus done a rebuild of the database, but this has not worked. Examples are: Actual 18:12Hrs but shows 36:24 Hrs; Actual 38:00 but shows 55:15 Hrs; Actual 15:00 but shows 20 Hrs; Actual 12:06 but shows 19:42 Hrs.  Any help greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• Charley
    Charley Member Posts: 541 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020

This where I use a spreadsheet as a control, because if an accounting package mucks up mainly because user input mistakes it is an extremely time consuming process to get it back.

Also it depends on how you are seeing personal/sick leave. The FWA says that it accrues throughout the year and accumulates from year to year. Many people think you only get 10 days per year and that it resets each year. That is incorrect. The reason that it accumulates is that if someone gets really sick and he has sick leave sitting there then he can use it.

Need help call 0266834083

• Charley
    edited January 2020
    Mind you I have a similar problem with Time in lieu but only in one data file out of 10
  • Amanda Barrow-Scott
    edited June 2015
    I have set all staff up as 0:02:18 hours accrued per hours paid and as per FWA it continues to accrue from year to year and no maximum hours have been set.  Some staff have been with us for several years and no problem until the 2015 upgrade?
  • Charley
    edited January 2020

OK then go into 'edit employee' and change their personal leave to their correct amount and it should follow on from there. It always has done for me and also in 2015 version

But somehow I imagine you've already done this

• Amanda Barrow-Scott
    edited June 2015
    Charles as I mentioned in my original question the correct hours are shown under the Employee Profile and Leave Accrual Summary report.  Its printing additional hours used on the Pay Slip?
  • Robyn Kelly (Partner)
    Robyn Kelly (Partner) Accredited Partner Posts: 473 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited September 2019
    Amanda, can you please check under Edit > Preferences > General > Company Preferences to see if you have Decimal or Minutes selected?

Regards, Robyn Kelly
  • Charley
    edited January 2020

OOPS, not reading fully. And that is more or less what I'm having in only one data file with Time in Lieu. I will update TIL but the payslip will always show 2 hours less. The personal and holiday work fine just TIL on 1 data file. It's annoying but is not a great issue for me. However for you and for me if it was personal and holiday it is obviously a problem.

Have you tried Tech Help?

• Charley
    edited January 2020
    Will try myself now
  • Charley
    edited January 2020
    Robyn, that has not made any difference with mine; Amanda uses minutes and I use decimal but we are getting a similar issue
  • Robyn Kelly (Partner)
    Robyn Kelly (Partner) Accredited Partner Posts: 473 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited September 2019
    Can you please go to Edit > Preferences > Payroll & Employees & Printing Preferences and let me know what is selected.  Then can you have a look at what pay slip template you have chosen (File > Print Forms > Payslips).  Let me know what template and also if you choose another template is it still wrong?
    Regards, Robyn Kelly
  • Amanda Barrow-Scott
    edited June 2015
    Robyn I use minutes but if you enter a decimal time it will convert for you.  I think I'll ring support :(

• Charley
    edited January 2020
    yup I'm on there now
  • Amanda Barrow-Scott
    edited November 2015
    Robyn I've used the default Reckon pay slip instead of my personalised version and the same problem is occurring.  It doesn't happen to all staff just 4 out of 15.
    Print personal leave used and available is selected under Preferences.
  • Charley
    edited January 2020
    Just spent the last hour with Tech, if I set up a new employee it works properly, however the original employee just won't do what she's told. So advice is in new financial year remake the old employees into new employees (yes I know put old behind the old ones and inactivate them) and start the new financial year afresh
  • Kerrie Schilling
    Kerrie Schilling Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2015

Hi Robyn, Just wondering if you were able to sort out the problem.  I also have the same problem that the leave amounts are correct in the employee file but print different amounts on the payslips.  Did you get a solution.