I am having problems viewing price history, it just freezes and I have to end the task which then ju

Paula Stoyich
Paula Stoyich Member Posts: 18

Comments

• Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Hi Paula, welcome to the Community. Which year version are you using? Does it crash on any other functions? Have you tried to validate/super validate the file? Thanks. ^Mirko.
  • Paula Stoyich
    edited June 2015
    I am using 2015 and this has only just happened since I am using the online back-up? No I have not used the validate - how should I do this?

• Paula Stoyich
    edited June 2015
    Sorry Mirko, no it does not crash with any other function.

• Mirko
    edited January 2020
    Thanks for the info Paula.

Steps for troubleshooting file errors including validate and verify here >>
    Should those steps fail try the super validate. How to run super validate here >>
  • Paula Stoyich
    edited June 2015
    Mirko, I have just validated but to no avail, still freezes when I use price History?

• Paula Stoyich
    edited January 2020
    Hi Mirko, I have tried everything but to no avail, freezes as soon as I click price history??
  • Paula Stoyich
    edited June 2015
    I actually just want to see the price history, not even to edit, but as soon as I hit price history everything freezes, I have to go to end task and that shuts down everything.
    This only seems to have started after I began using the online back-up!!
  • Mirko
    edited January 2020
    Paula, can you test with a backup file or a sample file. This well let us know if the error is caused by the datafile or possibly and issue with the installation. ^Mirko
  • Paula Stoyich
    edited June 2015
    Mirko how do I use a sample file?
  • SJ23
    SJ23 Member Posts: 22
    edited July 2015
    ditto - and it;s only recently started happening!
  • SJ23
    edited July 2015
    I have opened a backup from Jan 2015 (I know the 'Price History Update' worked after this date) and still the same freeze = it must be something in the programme rather than in the data files?
  • SJ23
    edited July 2015
    I have just run Super Validate and still freezes once I go to 'Edit Price History' - hitting Esc releases it...?
  • Paula Stoyich
    edited July 2015
    Thanks SJ23 for confirming that the problem exists. It would be good if Reckon could help resolve this, but I have not heard from them for over 2 weeks!!

• Paula Stoyich
    edited July 2015
    Correct I have done the Super Validate but still freezing when I click on Price History, and yes by hitting ESC it does release, so thank you for telling me this.
  • SJ23
    edited January 2020
    I have even less chance as my Version is 2007 - that said the guts of these programs don't change much, more lipstick on the pig with the user interface!
  • Mirko
    edited November 2015
    Hi guys, apologies for the late response. Freezes/Crashes indicate that there is an error within a data file or installation. The best course of action would be to try to first run through the troubleshoot and repair data error support note. If that fails a reinstall of the software would be the next best course of action.
  • SJ23
    edited January 2020
    Hi Mirko, I have done all in the link you provided and still freezes at 'Update Price History'.  I also started a totally new file and it still freezes at the same point.  Only thing I have not done so far is a complete reinstall and I will report back on that next.  Just seems odd that a number of us suddenly having the same issue?
  • Denis Byrne
    Denis Byrne Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2015
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Denis.

I am using Personal Plus 2009 and the program now freezes when I attempt to update the share values manually through the Update – Edit price history function. Is there a fix for this?

• Mirko
    edited November 2015
    Hey All, I've merged a couple of threads as they related to similar issue.

As they are affecting different versions of products, and are recent. It indicates a change to the environment. It would more than likely be a Windows update. Which version of windows are you using? Can you try running Windows in safe mode and then run Personal and try to edit the share price? This information will help trigger where the issue lies.
  • SJ23
    edited January 2020
    I'm running Vista (yes time for a change) - I will try running it in Safe mode later on today and report back...
  • Paula Stoyich
    edited July 2015
    Not at the moment Denise, we are all up in arms about the problem. Only instead of 
    End Task, just hit Esc and it will let you carry on, but still not with Price History!!
  • Paula Stoyich
    edited November 2015
    Now having problems with price updates! No updates since 9 July 2015
  • Mirko
    edited November 2015
  • Ramon
    Ramon Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2015
    I had the same or a similar problem with Quicken 2010 on Windows Vista, as the Edit Price History window would not appear and the program would appear to hang until I hit Escape. Through another forum I learned to remove (uninstall) Windows update KB3057839 (which required a restart), a process that worked for my Quicken. Sorry, I don't understand why it worked, but it did (early July 2015).