2015/16 Tax Tables are here!

Mirko
Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
edited February 2019 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)

We have released the 2015 Tax Update to help you remain compliant with the ATO changes as of 1 July 2015. This update is available to Hosted Users, Advantage Members and Subscription customers at no extra cost and includes:
  • New HELP, SFSS and PAYG tax tables and changes to the Higher Education Loan Program debt repayment thresholds.
  • SuperStream Alternative File Format (SAFF) where you can submit your superannuation contributions via any online gateway.
Ready to upgrade?
Here are the steps for both Hosted and Desktop users.

Accounts Hosted Users – Upon your next log in you will notice a new 'Accounts 2015 R2’ button. Click on the icon and run through the steps. Before proceeding to upgrade, we recommend that you read the Accounts Hosted 2015 Release 2 Upgrade Guide.

Accounts Hosted 2015 Release 1
will remain available until 1 September 2015 to allow you to upgrade at a time that suits your business.

Desktop users
– The update is available for Advantage and Subscription members. You can download the update via the support page, you will see a blue banner, click onto the text "click here" (as per image below).

Once you click on the blue banner you will be prompted to enter your customer ID and PIN. If your customer account is valid, this will allow you to download the update.

Once the download is completed you will be able run the upgrade. To assist you we’ve created an upgrade guide.

Please note this release contains tax tables for the 2015/16 financial year that take effect from 1 July 2015. You must process employee pay for the 2014/15 financial year prior to installing this update; otherwise your 2014/15 pay calculations will not be correct.

Extended support hours
To support you over this busy period our support hours for the next few weeks have been extended. To check specific times please click here>>

Comments

• Trevor Watson
    Trevor Watson Member Posts: 61
    edited February 2017

Hi Mirko

Do you have to process group certificates/payment summaries too, before installing the new tax tables?

• Mirko
    edited November 2015
    Thanks for your post Trevor. Not necessary, so long as final payments for the FY have been made. See: https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/tax-tables-do-i-need-to-download-if-im-on-the-cloud

• Trevor Watson
    Trevor Watson Member Posts: 61
    edited June 2015
    Thanks Mirko
  • Penne Milloy
    Penne Milloy Member Posts: 12
    edited June 2015
    I Mirko  Can you confirm the number 1516242 1/7/15 is the right version of the upgraded tax table. It would have been better if they put this information in the link so we could confirm it. 
  • DOBOS4
    DOBOS4 Member Posts: 5
    edited July 2016
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Product information doesn't match Install and Upgrade Guide for 2014/15 Tax Table....

I have just installed the Reckon Accounts 2015 Tax Table Update (using Reckon Accounts Plus 2015.)  I want to confirm whether the update was successful?

When I press CTRL+1, The Product information shows "Reckon Accounts Plus 2015 Release R2."  (See screen shot 1 attached.)  However, this is different to what the Install and Upgrade Guide indicates it should be: (ie. Reckon Accounts 2015 Release R2P.) 

Although the tax table version does seem to be correct:  it is 1516242. (See screen shot 2 attached.)  Can you please advise if the update has installed correctly?

image?image
  • Mirko
    edited July 2016
    Hey DOBOS4 & Penne, the version 1516242 is the current version tax table. This tax update version is part of the R2 release of 2015. Thus if you see that you have R2 or R2P in the Product Line, you have the 15/16 tax update :).
  • Nigel Southee
    Nigel Southee Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2015
    Well why don't you put "R2 or R2P" in your "Install and Upgrade Guide for Reckon Accounts Desktop 2015 Tax Update" instead of just "R2P". For the average customer trying to follow your guide it did not show what you said it should show! 
  • Mirko
    edited November 2015
    Thanks for the feedback Nigel. I have our IT & Development looking into this - should be updated for further clarity shortly!
  • Mirko
    edited November 2015
    Hey Nigel, the above link has been updated to point to: http://downloads.reckon.com.au/Install and Upgrade Guide for Reckon Accounts Desktop 2015 Tax Update .pdf. This PDF has been updated on Page 10 remove the confusion caused by the R2 & R2P references :).
  • DOBOS4
    DOBOS4 Member Posts: 5
    edited July 2016
    Thanks Mirko!

• Rebecca Booth
    Rebecca Booth Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2015
    I am using Accounts Plus 2014 Can I upload the 2015/2016 Tax Tables to this version or do I need to upgrade my software?  The licence was only paid for in December 2014.
  • Mirko
    edited November 2015
    Hey Bec, that is correct. The tax tables are only compatible with the current version of Reckon Accounts (this year 2015). If you are on an annual license you would be eligible for a free upgrade, if you purchased an outright version of 2014, you would need to purchase an upgrade, or switch over to an Annual License to receive RAB2015 and the 15/16 tax table update.
    ?
  • Rebecca Booth
    Rebecca Booth Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2015
    Thank you.
  • Rebecca Flood
    Rebecca Flood Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2015

I am using Accounts Hosted. I have opened my file in the 2015 R2 version but no steps appeared for an upgrade. The tax tables still appear as 2014 version.

• Mirko
    edited November 2015
    Hey Bec, please try to; Log off by going through File > Exit> go to Control Panel > Log off any session(s)> Log off from hosted page > restart browser > wait for 2 minutes and log back in. Then once you are in check if the file shows up as R2P, (File > Audit Company File. ??The ?Version ?will display R1P or R2P) this indicates the 2015/16 tax tables are applied.

• Rebecca Flood
    Rebecca Flood Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2015
    Thank you.  That worked!
  • Mirko
    edited November 2015
    Thanks for your post Angela. If your Enterprise has been updated to 2015 you simply need to log into the members section with the Account ID and PIN (different to Hosted password) and download the patch. If you are unsure of your PIN and/or need to obtain Enterprise 2015, please give us a call on 1800 RECKON to get things sorted.
  • Melissa_7641414
    Melissa_7641414 Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2015
    Just wanting to check.... I have made sure that my download worked and I have the 1516242 version of the current tax table. I did a little dummy payslip as I am due to do payroll tomorrow and it seems like the tax amounts for my payees are all still the same as they were last year? 
  • Mirko
    edited November 2015
    Hey Melissa, the only changes I know is those to HELP/HECS thresholds.

See: Hope this clears things up :)
  • Linda Damon
    Linda Damon Member Posts: 7
    edited December 2015
    Hi MIrko,  can you help me please?  I am setting up Payroll for the first time for a client in their Quickbooks Plus 2010-2011 Desktop program.  They have never set it up before and the tax tables within it are from 2009.  Is it possible to update these tax tables?  Are there instructions on how to do it manually anywhere?  I've had a good look through the help files however I cannot find specific information on how to do it without the Advantage subscription.  Many thanks Linda Office Overboard!  PS They are not financial enough to update to Reckon Hosted at this stage -  which is what we were hoping to do.
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited December 2016
    Hi Linda,

Thanks for asking the Reckon Community.

Tax Table Updates are only available for the current version of Reckon Accounts Business - 2015 - so to be fully compliant with payroll - PAYG tax rates, super, HELP, payment summaries - you'll need to upgrade.  Otherwise, you'll need to manually change tax amounts from the published ATO Tax Tables and for submissions like the Payment Summary Annul Report and SuperStream, use alternative means.  

regards,
    John.

This discussion has been closed.