POS receipt printing via terminal server

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0
edited August 2019 in Point of Sale
Hi guys,

I have a client that have 2 sites the main site has the server and the second site originally had the POS software installed on the computer on site but it was having connection issues. So I installed POS on the terminal server and got them to RDP into the terminal server. All of this is working swell except for I am unable to get the receipt printing working. 

From what I understand the printer needs to be added to a com port. But the printer needs to be with the second site computer.

Has anyone come across this issue before and found a solution.  

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    edited June 2015

At the moment they only have a serial receipt printer, you wouldn't have any ideas how to do it with that instead would you?

• [Deleted User]
    edited June 2015

I did read the system requirements, but at the end of the day a server is close enough to a pc that I decided to give it a try as the set up they had at the time wasn't working at all.

I installed it.

I haven't tried Andrews suggestion yet, I'm Australian so my work hours finished 4 hours before you guys replied :)

• [Deleted User]
    edited June 2015
    Andrew, I must be blind as I can't find the guides on how to set up the network printer for POS. Help finding them would be appreciated haha
  • [Deleted User]
    edited June 2015
    haha fair effort then, I try to get as far away from IT work as I can when I get home
  • max_7617805
    max_7617805 Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2016
    did you try with VPN? im gona setup something similar but the diference its we are gona develope the software, so we are thinking to work with local pos and the ptinter conected to, and send the data everyday at the end when you print the Z report.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited July 2015
    There is a VPN but POS runs like a dog over it so we have put it on a RD server and it runs like a champ now. All except for the printing of course haha
  • max_7617805
    edited July 2015
    ok I will talk with my partner, becouse he is expert on programming serial port printers, and I let you know ok
  • [Deleted User]
    edited July 2015
    Correct :)
    I have referred the job to one of my colleagues, but any suggestions that you do have are still helpful :) 
  • max_7617805
    edited July 2015
    thanks we will try the software

• [Deleted User]
    edited July 2015

I ended up going back to scratch uninstalling the Windows driver I got from the Epson website. Installing EPSON OPOS ADK and EPSON TM Virtual Port Driver. the set ups are pretty straight forward and all that worked :P