Consolidate Super to avoid huge NAB Super processing fees

Steven_7624582
Steven_7624582 Member Posts: 4
edited August 2016 in Payroll Premier
We have just submitted our first quarterly super using the Quickbooks Super Data Export and uploading to NAB Super.
Quickbooks generates the export data for each employee for each pay period - so there are 13 transactions per employee for the quarter, resulting in the export having a total of 517 transaction. NAB charges processing fees of $0.25 per transaction making the total cost $129.25.
Is there a way of consolidating the super into one single transaction for each employee for the whole quarter? If this was the case, the cost to process 46 employees would only be $11.50 - (a saving of $117.75).
I have tried to do this manually by deleting rows in the .csv file generated by Quickbooks, however it fails to upload to NAB with the message "No. of columns in uploaded file does not match with required in selected template" (even though no columns were changed???)
It seems ridiculous that Quickbooks wouldn't be able to consolidate this data - but then most things Quickbooks does is ridiculous!

Comments

• Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Hi Steven, I've chased this up with our Bank Relationship Manager. They've advised the following;

Transaction fees will be charged based on the number of employee contributions received in a single employer file. A ‘Employee Contribution' is defined as a contribution for an individual employee per USI. There will be no additional charge for contribution response messages, error messages or any member registration message*. When there is multiple employee contributions or registration messages for the same USI in the same contribution file, then the messages will be aggregated to create one record and a single transaction fee will be charged*.

*Note, this assumes that the member ID common to all messages to be aggregated.

Hope this clears things up.

• Steven_7624582
    edited July 2016
    Thanks Mirko but unfortunately we have been hit with a $165 fee from NAB for this contribution (which should have only been around $46 including account keeping and transaction fees).
    I spoke with a NAB Super Pay support person and they checked and yep, we do get charged for each individual transaction - it doesn't get "aggregated to create one record".
    Perhaps Reckon and NAB need to have a little chat to make sure the aggregation can happen, or change Quickbooks so that it can export in aggregate?
  • Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Hey Steven, please email me a copy of the file you uploaded to NAB to community@reckon.com. We'd love to investigate the matter for you. ^Mirko
  • Marina_7014114
    Marina_7014114 Member Posts: 16
    edited September 2015
    Hello Steven and Mirko,

Was the charging issue resolved?  We do extensive job costing, which means that multiple super items are generated per person per pay - I am not keen to pay multiple charges just because the contribution has been allocated to various projects.

• Steven_7624582
    edited July 2016
    Hi Marina
    I received conflicting information from everyone I spoke with, but in the end, the fee that was charged worked out to only be a small amount. I think what happens is that the data goes in bulk to NAB Super, but the outward transaction is consolidated to the individual super funds, and this is what the processing fee is based on.
    Cheers
  • Marina_7014114
    Marina_7014114 Member Posts: 16
    edited September 2015
    Thank you Steven,   that makes it workable for me.

Regards,
    Marina