How can I move my COGS under sales

Rimal Prasad
Rimal Prasad Member Posts: 5
edited April 2020 in Reckon One
I'm using Reckon one and when I bring up my P&L the COGS is sitting right at the bottom.  It looks so stupid. I went to chart of accounts and tried selecting 5-0000 (COGS) and move it right under Sales but it wouldn't do it.  Does anyone how to fix this? I should have stayed with MYOB.

Comments

• gazza73
    gazza73 Accredited Partner Posts: 802 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017
    Rimal

Go to The "Administration"  -->  Chart of Accounts
    Go to the EXPENSES <Tab> 
    Hover your mouse over the "TYPE"  (heading over the column)
    Left "CLICK"  on the "TYPE" (column heading)

The result, is that all the Cost of Goods Sold "TYPE" of accounts will now sort to the TOP.

AS a result,  your P&L will follow that sequence.

BTW:  No need to go to MYOB now!

Bet you won't get a reply within an hour of asking a question  at 11:30PM in the middle of the night like that on other forums!   ENJOY!  

Email to advise you went OK:   (gaz@alchester.com.au)

Cheers

Gary Pope
    An Accredited Partner- Consultant  (VIC. Aust)
    http://www.alchester.com.au/reckon-accounts-clarified/
    "Working with Accountants/Bookkeepers PPs/APs, as an
          independent IT Professional
    and retired FCPA Accountant"

• Qwerty
    Qwerty Member Posts: 261
    edited March 2017
    Hi Rimal, The profit & loss report has an income section, a COGS section & an expense section. The account type determines which section the account will show in the report. image The profit & loss report has a sort option where you can sort the report by either account order, account name or account code. Accounts will however remain in their respective sections as per their account type. image The summary section at the bottom of the report is optional image
  • Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
    Kwikbooks (Professional Partner) Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Hi Rimel

As Gary pointed out, you now have 2 answers late at night and a third standing here in the wings, don't get that with MYOB.

If you have come from MYOB and Reckon One isn't doing what you need, then perhaps looking at Hosted version, it is a full package MYOB standard but better :)
  • Rimal Prasad
    edited July 2015
    Thanks Gary, Qwerty and Kim for getting back to me so quick. I will try your way. I'm sorry about my comment re:MYOB. I was just frustrated and yes I used MYOB all my life. I will see how we go and my switch to hosted if needed.
  • Rimal Prasad
    edited February 2017
    Sorry guys I logged on tonight and I cannot any of the options suggested. Just to clarify I'm using One the online version. Even when I go to chart of accounts I'm not getting any different tabs. 
  • ARC BookKeeping
    ARC BookKeeping Member Posts: 168
    edited July 2015
    Hi Rimal... 

Are you opening Reckon One in the new or old version?

if you clicked near what the blue arrow is pointing to you will get the old version... if you click on what the black arrow is pointing to you will get the new version.

• gazza73
    gazza73 Accredited Partner Posts: 802 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited December 2016
    Rimal.  See my email example to you,  that illustrates the suggestion from ARC Bookkeeping above!    Cheers,    Gary
  • ARC BookKeeping
    edited July 2015
    ReckonOne is still just a basic product... 

Having said that ..... I have just found a feature I didnt know that it had.... moving the COA order. click on the green 'Reorganise your expense accounts'

get taken to a screen that will expand to look something like this... (you will need to click on the expense account for it to expand... then just click and drag the account to where you want it to sit.... (i assuming this is reflected in the actual P/L report)
  • Rimal Prasad
    edited July 2015
    Got it now. The missing piece in puzzle. I have to use the updated version. Makes sense now. I will try it tonight. Hopefully I won't have to annoy you guys anymore.
  • ARC BookKeeping
    edited July 2015
    it all good, thats what we are here for.

:)