Sorting invoice list by date shows incorrect order

Stephen Balson
Stephen Balson Member Posts: 26 ✭✭
edited April 2020 in Reckon One
In Reckon One, under Selling, when you click on the Date heading to sort, there seems to be 3 different sorts - Ascending, Descending and random?
To explain, I have filtered the list to 4 invoices. The dates are for the 3 sorts:
29/12/14, 26/1/15, 25/5/15, 29/6/15 - Ascending
26/1/15, 25/5/15, 29/12/14, 29/6/15 - ???
29/6/15, 25/5/15, 26/1/15, 29/12/14 - Descending
If I keep clicking, the dates can end up in a different random order.

Comments

• Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
    Kwikbooks (Professional Partner) Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Hi Stephen

Again not sure if using old login or new HTML, but yes, I can sort ascending or descending, and if I keep clicking on the date heading it seems to put them in random or alphabetical order.

I feel this post is more of a statement rather than a question, as long as they sort in ascending or descending order on request, all would seem ok.

Also I am using a real PC with windows and google chome, not something from an orchid :):):) lol.
  • Stephen Balson
    edited July 2015
    Well, have fun with your viruses :)
    Yes, I guess it is an undocumented feature, as they say.
    I can tell you that it is a bit confusing when looking for certain information this random sort order is not very helpful. It took me a while for work out what was going on.

I hope this info is helpful to others that have not realised, plus it should be added to a list of issues to be fixed.
  • Kwikbooks (Professional Partner)
    Kwikbooks (Professional Partner) Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Reckon One is a basic cloud program, for those who don't need serious accounting software to run small businesses, it does take a little getting used to unless you have used an 'inv. on the go' type app or system.

Any problems call or email anytime:  Kim: 0429 305300 E: Kim@kwikbooks.com.au
  • Qwerty
    Qwerty Member Posts: 261
    edited March 2017
    Hi Stephen,

I can also replicate the 3 sorting variants (descending, ascending & random) when clicking on the column header text.

Advanced column filters are also available when you hover the mouse cursor over a column header. You will see a filter option for that column to the right of the column header text.

I've included a screen shot below of the date column in the invoice list.

• Stephen Balson
    edited July 2015
    Thanks Qwerty. I did know about this, but this post may help others if the run into the same issue.