Inventory Manager won't install for Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2015

Greg Batch
Greg Batch Member Posts: 2
edited August 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Home Inventory Manager did not install automatically with Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2015
installation off Disc. Tried using the "Manual Installation" option, which started to install and failed with an error code."Key Not Valid in specified state". The indication at the time was that the installation was Updating Component registration. There is no indication of which key is the problem. Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2013 and HIM were uninstalled and PC restarted before Installation of Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2015. The operating system is Vista and the autorun.exe file was Run As Adminstrator. Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2015 itself is working fine,but I have no HIM.

Comments

• Deny Dharmawan
    Deny Dharmawan Alumni Posts: 141
    edited August 2020

Hi Greg,

Please try to install Home inventory using below steps.

If you download the installer, go to C:\TEMP\HAB\DISK1\Reckon Home Inventory Manager\installer\

Then run Qhinstall.exe as administrator.

If you have the disc, go to the disc drive:\TEMP\HAB\DISK1\Reckon Home Inventory Manager\installer\

Then run Qhinstall.exe as administrator.

Regards

Deny Dharmawan

• Greg Batch
    Greg Batch Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2015
    Deny,

Hi. Thanks for your reply. Same result however. 

I have resolved the matter since. Did a web search and found an article at this link

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6492235

So I moved the contents of the folder below, so that is was now empty and HIM then installed OK.

C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA

Regards
    Greg Batcheldor
  • Russell Gillespie
    Russell Gillespie Member Posts: 3
    edited September 2014

I have tried this many times and it does not work. Any other suggestions

• Deny Dharmawan
    edited August 2016

Hi Russell,

Are you trying to install it via download link? If you have not done it, try requesting a disc then try installing Home Inventory from Disc.

Please let me know if you have the disc, then we can check or try something else.

Regards

Deny Dharmawan

• Russell Gillespie
    edited September 2014
    Deny, I originally downloaded the program on-line. I also arranged to get a disc. I have now tried your suggestion to install the program from the disc. Unfortunately this does not work either and I get the same message.
  • Deny Dharmawan
    edited August 2016

Hi Russell,

Have you tried what Greg did? Which is to move the contents of the folder C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA ?

Regards

Deny Dharmawan

• Russell Gillespie
    edited September 2014
    Deny, I have now tried uninstalling the program and re installing it, several times and for some reason after the last attempt it now appears to be working. I can't explain what I have done differently. Anyway I will now see how it performs and links to Personal Plus. Thanks for help.
  • Malcolm Garnham
    Malcolm Garnham Member Posts: 3
    edited September 2014
    I am having a similar problem. I upgraded from Personal Plus 2013 but can't install Inventory Manager. I wasn't asked if I wanted to install it during the set-up and if I try to install manually nothing happens. I have tried running Qhinstall.exe as administrator, still nothing happens. I have removed the contents of the RSA folder and I am using downloaded files from the link when I renewed my subscription. I am running Windows 7 64bit
  • Malcolm Garnham
    edited September 2014
    Fixed the problem but don't know why; doesn't make sense! Downloaded Reckon Accounts Personal 2015.exe again and extracted it into a new temporary folder. Ran Qhinstall.exe as administrator and it installed. Had to create new .qhi file and then once Inventory Manager is running use file open to open my existing .qhi file created previously with Essentials Home Inventory. All seems to be OK now!!
  • Richard_6859947
    Richard_6859947 Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
    edited September 2014
    I went down much the same path - installed Home Inventory Manager from the disk, but then had to find and open the QHIM Application file sitting in with my Program files,  When doing this couldn't find my "old" .qhi file, so I created a new one (that was after trying "convert old inventory file, which only seemed to want to look for a .idb file).  Once the program was up and running I was able to open my "old" file and all has gone reasonably well.  

However, I can't open Inventory Manager from within Reckon Accounts, even though the account is sitting in my Accounts List.  I had to pin Inventory Manager the Start Menu so I can access it easily, and then use the "Update" menu to transfer the data from Inventory to Reckon Accounts.  Not sure if I am missing something - the Help menu doesn't give much guidance.
  • Malcolm Garnham
    edited September 2014
    Not sure about your issue Richard as I can open it from the menu "Property & Debt" in Accounts Personal Plus 2015.
  • Richard_6859947
    Richard_6859947 Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Thanks Malcolm - this morning the link from "Property & Debt" menu was there!  I must have clicked on something that made the connection, so now all is sweet.
  • John Wren
    John Wren Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2015
    I have had an ongoing problem with Inventory Home Manager when I transferred my Reckon files across to a new laptop. Previously I was running OS Windows 7 32 Bit. Now I am running Windows 7 64 bit.
    I am starting to think that Reckon Home Inventory Manager is no longer supported.
    When I click the link in "Property & Debt" for the Home Inventory Manager I get the following dialogue box:-
    Has anyone else had the same problem??
    Forgot to mention that I am using the latest 2015 version of Reckon Personal.
  • Peter Jenke
    Peter Jenke Member Posts: 37 ✭✭
    edited July 2015
    I am now receiving the same message and can't open HIM either stand-alone or from within Reckon Personal Plus. I have uninstalled and reinstalled both HIM and Accounts repeatedly without success. Annoyingly, I can see the balance of my HIM account in the the main Accounts and can even see individual entries via various asset reports but simply can't access HIM.
  • Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Hi Peter, it sounds like there is an issue locating the datafile, not the  try to run a search on your PC for the Start/Windows > Search programs and files. Enter the file extension which is: .qhi. This will locate the location of your existing Home Inventory Manager datafile. Once located you can select the ?Browse my comp....? option and locate the file. Note: Make sure if you have multiple files, to check the dates. This should help you work out which one is most accurate.
  • Peter Jenke
    edited July 2015
    I can locate the .qhi easily enough. The problem is that the dialogue box just hangs and doesn't allow me to select a file. In fact although I can actually click on any of the 3 options, nothing happens, the box just hangs there until I close the HIM icon.
  • Peter Jenke
    edited July 2015
    Mirko, any suggestions?
  • Peter Jenke
    edited July 2015
    Still no joy. Can anyone help?
  • John Wren
    John Wren Member Posts: 4
    edited July 2015
    Hi Peter,
    I had the same identical problem that you have experienced. Mustafa from the Reckon help team solved the problem. They said they would put the solution on the community board for Reckon.

Please see my email below to the team.

Hi John,

I want to thank you for taking the time to email us about Mustafa. I’ll make sure to thank him myself for great customer service and support.

I have forward it to him so he’ll be happy to hear from you.

Regards,

Jason Beaven
    Team Leader – Technical Support

• Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Hi Peter, apologies for the late reply. Please email me at community@reckon.com, I'll obtain the document John had mentioned below and pass it onto you. Cheers, Mirko.
  • Shane Smith
    Shane Smith Member Posts: 21
    edited June 2020
    I have just downloaded Reckon Personal Plus 2016 and when i try to open Reckon Home Inventory Manager it gives me the message box "RHI does not appear to be installed". then it tells me to install it from my CD which i do not have and neither can I have because I am travelling in Europe and Africa. Can I download the Home Inventory Program or files?  

There is a Quicken folder on my C drive with one file in it and a Quicken Home Inventory Manager folder with a stack of files in it, so I presume my old data is there somewhere. 
    I will not be home to access a CD for months or a year. What can you advise me to fix this?
    Shane