Hosted Service Message 23/07/2015

2»

Comments

• Kym GrantKym Grant Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2015
    This is just not acceptable I think we have to look for something more reliable or all your customers need to be refunded for loss of production & wages. This not the only time last time it went into meltdown it took over a week to be sorted!!!!!!!!!! 
  • TiffanyTiffany Member Posts: 16
    edited October 2015
    Really on a Thursday again..... WHY is it when it appears that a lot of companies process pays on a Thursday (Or should I say with Reckon Hosted TRY TO PROCESS PAYS!)???  This black screen and various messages is ridiculous.  Come on Reckon lift your game !!!
  • MirkoMirko Alumni Posts: 2,054 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    UPDATE 23/07/2015 03:53 PM AEST.

If you are still experiencing the black screen please try the following;
    • Logout through the control panel. How to>>
    • Close your browser down completely.
    • Then try to log back in again.
    • If you see black screen - please wait  on black screen. Accounts will launch after about 10 minutes.
    Note: Issue does not affect NZ users.
    edited November 2015
    UPDATE 4:20pm AEST.

Pleased be advised, the black screen issue caused by a file server will not be resolved today. We will have IT staff working tirelessly on this issue overnight to rebuild the impacted file server.

In the meantime, should you need to access your file urgently (i.e. to do payroll) please follow the steps below:
    • Logout through the control panel. How to>>
    • Close your browser down completely.
    • Then try to log back in again.
    • If you see black screen - please wait. Accounts will launch after about 10 minutes.
    You will be able to log in, but the Hosted performance will not be optimal.
  • ColinColin Member Posts: 5
    edited July 2015
    Just moved over from Accounts. really wished I had gone to Zero - why does this occur? Where's the redundancy very concerning .
  • Gary DugganGary Duggan Member Posts: 12
    edited July 2015
    Has all the issues been resolved? I just tried to log in and got to the company account log in screen and  got an error message stating it could not find my company file. We need more updates. I know the Techs are working hard but communication/information flow to the consumer is key to stop peoples anxiety. Even a revised ETA would be appreciated.......give us something to aim to. 
  • Kevin SilberbergKevin Silberberg Member Posts: 85
    edited July 2015
    Thank you to the technical staff for restoration of access on 23/24 July, 2015.
    edited July 2015
    Is there a more recent status
  • Gary DugganGary Duggan Member Posts: 12
    edited July 2015
    I agree colin I posted nearly 8 hours ago asking for more information and we get nothing
    edited July 2015
    Just moved to hosted - accountant said I should have gone with Zero - hosted fails - no updates - no access - and seemingly no contingency or redundancy for server failures ! Almost beggars belief in this day and age that a server doesn't failover ............
  • terry materry ma Member Posts: 5
    edited August 2015
    I just trie to log in, click on  R2, get a bad request, couldn't even see any account
    edited November 2015
    Update Friday 24th July 08:35AM AEST - Issue was resolved overnight. Some users may need to reopen their file by browsing for it (full instructions to come). If you are having trouble getting into Hosted, please first try to remote disconnect the session from Control Panel and log back in. Should this fail please give our technical support team a call - support lines open 8:30AM AEST.

**Edited to include latest update.

UPDATE: 9:32AM AEST.

Steps and message from Product team for impacted users here: http://info.reckon.com/24072015
  • Belinda ParkerBelinda Parker Member Posts: 25
    edited November 2015
    Full instructions to come - why arent they already published?  

I cannot locate my file to reopen.  

We recently moved to Quickbooks online and it has been the best decision I have made.  However I still need access to the Reckon file......and now it cannot be located....the thing is, I am not surprised considering the abysmal service over the last 12months from Reckon

Do yourself a favour and try Quickbooks online - migration was seamless.
    edited November 2015
    http://info.reckon.com/24072015 - please see here Belinda.
    edited August 2018
    Mirko, I have the instructions, problem is I still cannot locate the file - AND I am not spending wasted time and money on calling the help desk for an issue that Reckon have created.  So the "fix" still needs to be "fixed" please

edited November 2015
    Hey Belinda, Hosted support is free of charge - the contact number is 1300 799 150. Prior to calling, please browse through the Q drive as there maybe multiple folders in your Q drive.
  • Lee KnightLee Knight Member Posts: 6
    edited July 2015
    I started at 7.30 to try and catch up from yesterday.
    I couldn't locate the file, I could see names of other companies that are not ours, which was a bit scary, so I waited til 8.30 to ring TS.
    Was on hold for 20 minutes, hung up and went looking again.
    Our file was actually located within another of our Comapnies file? weird
    But now, 10.30 I can start work.
    It does seem a little slow, but at least I can work.
    edited July 2015
    Nope not there - and whilst the call may be free - my time is not free
  • Belinda DartBelinda Dart Member Posts: 6
    edited July 2015
    Has anyone actually managed to get into their file yet?  I have followed the instructions, located the file, entered my password only to be told that I need to update.  I click update now and then the entire process starts again!!  

I'm wasting so much time and money on this!!
  • ShakirShakir Alumni Posts: 82
    edited August 2016
    Hi Belinda, thanks for reaching out to us.

Could you please login to the account and before launching R1 or R2, log off any session which is running and then try to launch and try to open a company file.

Steps to Log Off the User Session
    • Click on Control panel from the Dashboard
    • Click on Log Off Remote Session
    If it does not work then you may need one to one assistance for the same, request you to call us on 1300 799 150 or help me with your contact number.

Regards
    Shakir Akhtar

• Steve MetlitzkySteve Metlitzky Member Posts: 11
    edited July 2015
    Hi Belinda, I believe what Reckon keep forgetting to tell you is to clear your Browser cache and exit your browser. I just don't believe they are doing real live testing of the problem and understanding it.

What I suggest is
    1) go into the Browser that you are using.
    2) Make sure you close all open windows or tabs
    3) Ensure that you clear all history and cache. I'm on a Mac so if you're on a PC your menu will be different. So for example say in Chrome, I go to Chrome -> Clear Browsing data or in Safari I go to Safari -> Clear History.  Make sure you clear everything.
    4) Now Close or Exit that Browser completely
    5) Now go back into that browser and go to www.reckononline.com.au
    6) Log in with your normal username and password
    7) Before trying to find your file or go any further, go to Control Panel. 
    8) Choose Log Off Remote Sessions and close any sessions that are open.
    9) Now return to www.reckononline.com.au,by clicking on the Red reckon icon in the top left corner. Then Choose R2.
    10) When you get your Menu with the list of old files/companies to chose from, don't click on any of those.
    11) Choose [Open or Restore and Existing Company] down the bottom
    12) Now Navigate (typically there is a link like a file link) to take you to your directory where all your company files are kept
    13) Now choose and open your company file
    14) Login as you did before

Hope this helps :)

Cheers
    Steve
  • Belinda DartBelinda Dart Member Posts: 6
    edited July 2015
    Thanks so much, Steve!  Your instructions did the trick.  

I had chosen Log Off Remote Sessions as suggested but as you discovered thi wasn't working without first clearing the browser history.  

Your help is much appreciated!

Belinda
  • Steve MetlitzkySteve Metlitzky Member Posts: 11
    edited July 2015
    Pleasure :)
  • lorilori Member Posts: 25
    edited May 2016
    I'm still having trouble getting into the our company files,  I managed to find them on Friday and work on them ok but now it saying it can't find them again.  Is this something that is still to be fixed?
This discussion has been closed.