How do I unpay a bill once its been marked payed

Options
Warren Southern
Warren Southern Member Posts: 1
edited August 2018 in Reckon One
I have marked a bill as payed but have done it with the wrong bank account. I just need to unpay it then repay with the coirrect account

Comments

• Kathy Mackinlay_6947388
    Kathy Mackinlay_6947388 Member Posts: 141
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I would delete the payment and redo using the correct account. :)
  • Qwerty
    Qwerty Member Posts: 261
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Hi Warren,

Kathy's comment is correct. Alternatively you can also use the unlink option within the paid bill.

1. View the paid bill
    2. In the total section (bottom right) click the Already paid amount which (shown in green/aqua font)
    3. You will see a tool tip with information about the linked payment (i.e. date & amount of the payment), note this information down

Example:

4. Click the Unlink option to unpay the bill
    Note: This won't delete the payment transaction from your book, just unlink it from the bill

5. You will be prompted to confirm the unlink action, click Unlink to confirm

Example:

6. Save & close the bill
    7. Now that the unlink is complete you will have an unpaid bill & a payment transaction in the book.
    8. You can decide what to do with that payment transaction, you know who the contact is on the payment transaction, you have also noted the date & amount for the payment transaction so you should be able to locate that payment easily & action it accordingly (i.e. use the payment for a different bill or delete the payment etc).

Just an FYI... Same same process applies to invoices & the thread below goes into detail on the invoice scenario
    https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/wrong-date-paid-invoice
  • Ren√®e
    Renèe Alumni Posts: 13
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Hi Warren,

If you would like to see it in action we have a how to video here just for this!

https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/how-to-delete-a-bill-payment-in-reckon-one

Best of luck let us know how you go. 
  • Tanya Jaro
    Tanya Jaro Member Posts: 6
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Mine says error deleting bill for this cashbook. 
    Also, the amount I need to click on to unlink does not have the green colour and line or give me the unlink option. It's now a black colour. What should I do?