Windows 10

Mike Phillips
Mike Phillips Member Posts: 1
edited February 20 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Why can't I get a simple answer? If I upgrade to W10 will my Reckon products still work the same?

Comments

• Reckon FAQs
    Reckon FAQs Reckon Staff Posts: 357 Reckon Staff
    edited March 2017
    Hi Mike,

Welcome to the Reckon community.

Yes.

See our statement on Reckon Accounts and Windows 10 here.

regards,
    John
  • Malincan
    Malincan Member Posts: 13 ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I did the Windows 10 upgrade and backed it out because of issues, not just with Reckon Personal Plus, but Outlook that could no longer send emails, pretty basic fails so I am waiting for the Windows 10 bugs to get sorted and Reckon to release a compliant version.  I am not rushing into a Windows 10 environment only to spend my days wrestling the beasties into submission.
  • Janelle Knight
    Janelle Knight Member Posts: 42
    edited January 2019
    Yes there is pdf print issues and also email issues, both easy fixes. I have the info at work and can upload fixes on Tuesday, if no one else has prior. I do like Win10 (I am on reckon accounts premier 2015 by the way).
  • Bjorn
    Bjorn Member Posts: 8
    edited October 2015
    I upgraded to WIN10 a fortnight ago and everything works sweet.
  • Chris Appleby
    Chris Appleby Member Posts: 28
    edited September 2019
    I upgraded from WIN8.1 to 10 and have had no problems so far.
  • Janine Constantine_7061100
    Janine Constantine_7061100 Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2015
    I'm using reckon hosted and have \windows 10 and I have had no issues
  • Michael Salon
    Michael Salon Member Posts: 6
    edited November 2015
    Hi Mike,

I fell victim to Microsoft's persuasion and updated to Win10, but then I had to roll back out of it to 8.1 mainly because the Reckon software (Quicken Personal Plus 2012) would not work, but a few other niggles as well. I had broken my golden rule never to upgrade OS on an existing device. Won't do it again.

Cheers...
  • Sam Keating
    Sam Keating Member Posts: 5
    edited January 2019
    Hi Mike,

I called Tech support today and was told that it was my responsibility to check for compatibility before upgrading to Windows 10.
    Reckon 2015 has been crashing and causing my computer to go into sleep mode with no reason so as a partner, I called my buddies at Tech support.
    After I had finished yelling at the guy that answered, asking him how I was supposed to sell the product if it wouldn't work on a Windows 10 computer, I was told that it would be April before they would have a patch.
    Once I had calmed down, I decided to do a 'Troubleshoot Compatibility' which you can do by finding the .exe file, right clicking and then choosing it in the menu.
    Five minutes later it had changed the compatibility back to Win8 and had even improved the resolution on the screen.  This works really well for any other program that isn't up to par since the upgrade.
    If only the Tech Support guy had told me this!!
  • Mark Heyman
    Mark Heyman Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2015
    Yes, found these as well...we run premier 15 and have one system running Win 7, no prob and 1 running win 10 that has the old -20 email only issue...data file on the win 7 machine...can you send me the fixes?  mheyman@ihug.co.nz  many thanks
  • Steve Cook
    Steve Cook Member Posts: 150 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    "I was told that it would be April before they would have a patch."

It had better be more than a "patch" or I for one will be extremely upset !
  • Janelle Knight
    edited November 2015
    Oh I am so sorry I missed sending response to this (I actually have posted this several times now as so many people have had issues).   My apologies.

This is what we were told by tech support to do:-

Emailing and PDF problems with Windows 10

If the Reckon PDF Converter IS appearing on your computers devices, do the following:-

Go to your Reckon Accounts Icon and right click, then right click on the Reckon Accounts icon that pops up. 

Then go to properties > compatibility and check the “Run as Administrator” box.

Apply >  OK

Next, go to your Outlook icon and right click, then right click on the Outlook icon again.

Go to Shortcut tab and click advanced and check the “Run as administrator” box > OK.

Apply > OK.

• Janelle Knight
    edited November 2015
    I also had this issue when we went to Win10:-

Blurry Text within Reckon

Go to your Reckon Accounts Icon and right click, then right click on the Reckon Accounts icon the pops up. 

Then go to properties > compatibility and check the “Disable display scaling on high DPI settings” box.

• thereAreNoStupidQuestions
    thereAreNoStupidQuestions Member Posts: 9
    edited November 2015
    It won't be a patch Steve Cook as April is usually when we get our upgrade to the latest version. Windows 10 has caused issues with lots of my programs and 2 printers. My fault for being an early adopter. We had the latest Reckon version before Windows 10 was out in Australia so I don't blame Reckon, just myself. 
This discussion has been closed.