Segregating types of transactions conducted by Customers in POS 2015

Richard Hoile
Richard Hoile Member Posts: 4
edited March 2017 in Point of Sale
We have installed POS 2015 in our bar at the golf club. We are keen to segregate members transactions between bar activity and golf type transactions. Creating a Job to hold each type of transaction is an option but seems messy. Any ideas?

Comments

• Chris McGregor
    Chris McGregor Member Posts: 140
    edited April 2016
    As usual Andrew has some very good points Many clubs that I have felt with just use one customer called bar and they use price level 1 which is RRP then members use there own account and use price level 2 which is around 80% then one more customer called function which uses price level 3 and that's at 120% of rrp. When the transaction come into reckon account just have two menorised reports one for bar customer and one for all customer that aren't bar, they will sub total at the bottom and make you happy :) Alternatively you can have two seperate pdb files and set a class per file and only sell to members from one and to general public from the other.. But this is a messier solution. Regards, Chris
  • Richard Hoile
    edited October 2015
    The policy in our bar trading has been to have member's account in funds, this minimizes collection problems. But Reckon Accounts only provides the total balance owing on a member's account at the beginning of each day. Membership is around 400.
  • Richard Hoile
    edited October 2015
    Yes. We have a similar pricing structure implemented. Your point about a seperate pdb file is interesting, could you elaborate or point me to info on how to accomplish this.
    Thank you
    Richard
  • Richard Hoile
    edited October 2015
    Thanks Andrew - I didn't know about the infinite credit.
    I'm contemplating two members ledgers, one in POS exclusively used for bar activity and one in RA to handle subscriptions and other club items. Is there a way to isolate the two ledgers from each other?