Error when importing .aba file to bank

E Hillman
E Hillman Member Posts: 8
edited August 2018 in Payroll Premier

I am using Payroll Premier 2015/2015 on Windows 8.1.  I have two company files, the first one worked fine when I did the pay run today but the second one would not allow me to upload the .aba file to our bank site. It says I do not have permission to open the file.  

I called Tech Support who had me check that my User had all the permissions set to Yes, had me create a new user and try again but this did not work.  They didn't have any other ideas on a fix.  Has anyone else had this problem and found a resolution?

Comments

• Luke
    Luke Moderator, Reckon Staff Posts: 221 Moderator Moderator
    edited August 2018
    Hi E Hillman,

Welcome to the Reckon Community!

I will need to confirm a few things:
    1. With the second file, does it not allow you export the .aba file or it allows you to export the .aba file but it gives you an error when uploading the file to your bank.

2. Could you please post the exact error message that appears.

3. Is this the first time you are attempting to upload a .aba file to your bank for this second file?

We will go from there.

Luke.
  • E Hillman
    edited December 2015

Hi Luke,

We have been uploading these files for years without any issues.  I have two companies I do payroll for and the other company file is uploading fine. I'm doing the pay run again today and having the same issue with this company file.  Here is a screen shot of the error message:

• Luke
    edited December 2016
    Hi E Hillman,

So the error you have pasted above is appearing when you try to upload your .ABA file to your bank?

Are you able to open the .ABA file in Notepad?

If it's stored on a network drive could you also try moving it to your local PC.
  • gazza73
    gazza73 Accredited Partner Posts: 802 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017
    G'day E.Hillman.

I think we are all stuck on the clarity of your reply about WHEN this error is occurring.  

"With the second file, does it not allow you export the .aba file or it allows you to export the .aba file but it gives you an error when uploading the file to your bank."

IE:  Do you ever get to actually create the ABA file as part of the exporting phase?

OR:,  are you able to create the file,  
             BUT subsequently, when trying to read the file back again for uploading to the bank, fails?

Which of these two situations is the failure screen you show.

If it is during the initial EXPORT phase,  are you putting theses ABA files into the exact same folder on your server, that the successful company is also placing ITS successful files?  (I'm suspecting not, and there is a permission issue - which may have arisen recently).

Gary
  • E Hillman
    edited December 2015

Hi Luke,

This error is occurring when I try to upload the file to our bank.  I haven't tried opening the file with Notepad and don't actually know where the file is saved as Payroll Premier automatically saves it somewhere and I just copy and paste the address in the banks software.  I will note the location and try opening the file in Notepad on the next pay run.

Thanks

• E Hillman
    edited December 2015

Hi Gary,

Please see my reply to Luke above.

• Luke
    edited December 2016
    Hi E Hillman,

Yes if you could please note the path next time and try opening it normally. If you're not able to open it as normal then it might be due to a permission issue as Gary has mentioned below.
  • E Hillman
    edited December 2015

Hi Luke,

I just exported the last pay run again for both companies.  The file is saving in the same place for both companies and both open in Notepad.

• Luke
    edited December 2016
    Hi E Hillman,

Could you try copying and pasting the .aba file that is no uploading correctly onto your desktop and try uploading it from there.
  • E Hillman
    edited December 2015
    Thanks Luke, I will try that on this week's pay run.
  • E Hillman
    edited December 2015

Hi Luke,

I tried doing the second company's pay run first today and it uploaded without any issues but then on the other run I had the issue occur.  This made me think that the issue may not be with Reckon but the bank.  I tried renaming the export file and it uploaded to the bank without any issue.

Thank you for your assistance with this problem.  I really appreciate your time and expertise.

• gazza73
    gazza73 Accredited Partner Posts: 802 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited December 2016
    Sounds like the files are appearing to the BANK as being two attempts for the same thing.  Whereas, you are trying to present two different company's transactions on the same day.  Making them appear to be different (filename wise) seems to be your solution.,  Storing the files in two differnt FOLDERS to represent each company at your end, would be good for archive/review too.

Gary

• E Hillman
    edited December 2015
    Yes, that seems to be what is going on thanks Gary.