Reckon Accounts Plus 2014 not responding

Jeremy Owen
Jeremy Owen Member Posts: 3
edited February 2017 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)

Yesterday (17th Dec 2015) had a problem with Reckon Accounts Plus 2014 not responding. Ended up "ending the task" via task manager. Today (18th Dec 2015) when I attempt to open the software, I get the message "Loading Reckon Accounts" which just sits there for approx. 2 minutes and then the message disappears and the software doesn't open.

All other applications (Outlook, Excel, IE etc..) are working fine

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2017
    Welcome to the Reckon Community Jeremy

A couple of things I could suggest is firstly a simple reboot of your PC and then try again to see if the problem persists.

If the issue does continue, please start your PC in Safe Mode and try again. Doing this will isolate any potential conflict from other applications which may be having an untoward contribution toward this problem.

If you're not sure on how to start up your PC in Safe Mode, let me know which operating system you're using and I'll let you know.

Let me know how you get on

Cheers
    Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Jeremy Owen
    edited December 2015
    Have already rebooted multiple time. Im using Windows 8.1 and have set the MSCONFIG to reboot in safe mode "minimal". Should Reckon now open or do i need to do a full reboot before trying to open Reckon again
  • Jeremy Owen
    edited December 2015

Okay, the problem is now resolved.

When I opened Reckon in "Safe Mode" I received the error below.

I then rebooted in Normal Mode, opened Reckon and it appeared as though the Company file couldn't be found. I then reattached the company file and all is now okay.

I have rebooted for a 3rd time to ensure that Reckon still opens successfully with the correct Company file.

Thanks for your help