Export to excel 2013 not working

Jonathan Bonilla
Jonathan Bonilla Member Posts: 17
edited February 2017 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Hello, 
I am having heaps of problems, one is that when i click export the pop up window doesn't allow me to export to excel.

what to do?

thank you

Comments

• Dan Fardon
    Dan Fardon Member Posts: 43
    edited February 2017

I never use th,e Export to Excel command.

Instead, I

1. Open Excel and place the cursor on the worksheet where I want the top left-hand corner of the Reckon to be pasted.

2. Right-click the Reckon Report and click, copy to clipboard.

3. Position the cursor at the desired position in the Excel worksheet,

4. Press CTRL V, or Edit Paste. This pastes the Reckon Report in Excel.

5. I then format the Report in Excel.

Note that if you do this after a long, heavy-use session on your computer when you use this process, the Reckon Report may be transposed into a long, two-row series of Excel cells instead of the proper Report.

To avoid this, or if it does happen. exit Reckon and Excel, turn off the computer and unplug it from the mains power. Then after a couple of minutes, restart the computer and open Reckon and Excel, and the process will  work properly.

I think that the faulty copy/paste may be due to the computer's temporary memory becoming exhausted.

Dan Fardon

• gazza73
    gazza73 Accredited Partner Posts: 802 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017
    Jonathon

You've started this thread on this separate problem.   But you mention you have 'heaps of problems'   but you've not made any of them known apart from this Excel issue, and your email question at this forum:   https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/outlook-problem

If you are having other problems, then perhaps there is some installation or system integrity issue with WIn7 or the entire Office 2013 or the Reckon 2015 suites of software, and definitely more input is needed.  I'd be suggesting you engage the services of someone with IT skills to look into the system if you have such a quantity of issues, because they may be misleading all the efforts being performed on your behalf on this forum looking at them only one at a time.

Regarding Dan's suggestion - the total powering off of a machine simply to clear TEMP folder,  may I suggest you fetch Ccleaner (without installing its suggested marketing partner add-ons) to make life simple in the department.  WIndows (ever sine 1995!) has failed to be very tidy in regards to clearing out temporary files, paste buffers, spooling files, cache and system logs and so forth.    Housekeeping is perpetually needed to keep drive C: running clean and fast,  and if you have little RAM (memory), then the impact is exacerbated.  

Gary
  • Deny Dharmawan
    Deny Dharmawan Alumni Posts: 141
    edited August 2016

Hi Jonathan,

One possible scenario is that MS Excel is not properly registered in the Windows. Make sure that MS Office is activated. You can also try to repair or reinstall MS Excel or Office.

I am assuming you are using Reckon Accounts Business desktop, as it will check MS Office registry in Windows when you try to export to Excel.

Regards

Deny