Recken Accounts has stopped working

Ivy Lim
Ivy Lim Member Posts: 4
edited October 2017 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
When i was to save a transaction, it prompted me very often with this Msg:
"Recken Accounts has stopped working
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.
Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."
I have no choice to close the program and re-start the program again and it happen again and again.  This take me quite sometime just to enter one transaction.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2017
    Hi Ivy,

Sorry to hear you're having some issues.

Which Reckon product & version are you using?

Also, which operating system are you using? Have there been any changes to your operating system at all since this issue started?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Ivy Lim
    edited December 2015
    Hi Rav,

Thank you for your prompt reply.
    I am using Reckon Accounts Premier Edition 2015 with operating system Windows 8.1 since I started using the program till now.

Attached herewith the screen shot for your reference.image
  • Kim Chapman - COS Business Solutions
    Kim Chapman - COS Business Solutions Accredited Partner Posts: 204 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited October 2017
    Hi Ivy What are the fast reports you have open, depending on the complexity of them, this could be your cause. Go to the Windows dropdown and close all. Record the transaction again. If the problem still occurs try to rebuild the file. Then give the rest of the info that Rav requested. Kind Regards Kim Chapman Reckon Accredited Consultant/Trainer www.chapmanofficeservices.com
    Kim Chapman - COS Business Solutions Accredited Partner Posts: 204 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited October 2017
    Sorry Ivy, Missed the last post. Is this happening with just one transaction, or all transactions? Kind Regards Kim Chapman Reckon Accredited Consultant/Trainer www.chapmanofficeservices.com
  • Ivy Lim
    edited December 2015
    Hi Kim Chapman, This happens very often. And sometimes I have to close and restart the program many times just to complete one transaction. Regards Ivy
    edited October 2017
    Just check all your Microsoft updates are up to date. Then, Do you have another pc you can install RA on an restore the file to test if it works ok on that (don't bother registering it). This will test the file. Kind Regards Kim Chapman Reckon Accredited Consultant/Trainer www.chapmanofficeservices.com
  • Ivy Lim
    edited December 2015
    I will test the files on another PC and let you know the outcome.

Thanks & Regards
    Ivy Lim