Changing entries in Personal Plus after posting

Bill McDonald
Bill McDonald Member Posts: 2

I'm a new Personal Plus user. How do I go back and change the account category of one of many items in a split entry and have that change carry through to reports. The system actually accepts the change but reports continue including the item under the original category.

Bill

Comments

• Babi
    Babi Alumni Posts: 75
    edited June 2016
    Hello Bill,

Thank you for your post.

I am very positive that program will update all reports as per the category recorded in the transactions. If this has not happened, please check with different transactions and different category and see if the problem persists Or may be it has not been done in a proper way, kindly check the process again:

Go to the transactions you want to Edit> Split> choose different category> Enter.

Make sure you see the transactions as per that category in the register. Then pull up the report again and check. If problem persists try validating and super validating data file and see if that helps.

To validate:

File>File operations> Validate> Select the data file> and continue.

Repeat the process again for super validate,

File> File operations> hold CTRL and SHIFT keys together while clicking Validate >  select file> you should see super validate in progress> allow it to complete on its own.

Kindly let me know if this has helped,

Regards,

Babi
  • Bill McDonald
    Bill McDonald Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2016

Thanks very much Babi.  It's now working fine.  I think I must have failed to hit EDIT.  So the system appeared to accept the change but in fact nothing happened.  Most embarrassing!

Regards

Bill