Helen Hunter
Helen Hunter Member Posts: 5
Reckon accounts Premier edition 2015

Comments

• John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Hi Helen

You haven't provided much detail.  Working with what you have provided, to me the simplest method is to process the same transaction through the next pay, but the opposite way around.  That will create your reversal.  If there was any obligation to pass on the value of that deduction to a third party, don't do it because the error will be reversed in the next pay.
    John L G
  • Helen Hunter
    edited January 2016

Thanks John  for your reply, I have tried that it won't allow a positive amount as it is a deduction so when I put in a  -12.60 or+ 12.60 it treats it the same and reduces the gross salary by that amount so I am a bit stuck as I need to return the money back to the employee is there something I am missing

Regards  Helen

• John Graetz
    edited July 2020
    Hi Helen.  I have done this myself previously in the past and tested it again just now.  If you have set this item up as a deduction and you try and delete the "-" (minus) sign, you should get a message which say that "Deductions are normally entered as negative numbers.  Are you sure that you want to enter a positive deduction on this paycheque?"  If you then click on YES, the minus sign should disappear and the amount would then be added to the pay cheque.and you should then be able to Save and Close.  See how you go, because should allow you to do it.  The key to this is likely to be deleting the minus sign rather than anything else.  To do that you need to still have this deduction set up in the employee record, so that you can edit the amount when you do the pay run.  If the deduction is no longer to continue, make sure that then go back to the employee record and delete it.
    John L G 
  • Helen Hunter
    edited January 2016
    Thank you John what you say makes sense however I have taken the employee out of the payrun added the deduction bought it back in on an unscheduled pay run for the same date tried to edit the amount by removing the minus (no message) also tried putting it in again and again but it is just not co-operating so I have given up  I am only a Temp I  am afraid it has me beaten so perhaps it will wait until the payroll officer returns annoying though
  • John Graetz
    edited July 2020
    Hi Helen.  I don't know why it is not working.  Which program version are you using?  The key here is that when you delete the minus sign, you should then use your tab to move to the next field to complete the "edit".  Are you actually doing that or something slightly different?
    This certainly works for me using Reckon Accounts Premier desktop. My testing initially followed the same process as you had done by doing an unscheduled pay run, so it is obvious that you have a good grasp of what needs to be done.  I may be able to help more if you ring me 0428 695454.
    John L G
  • John Graetz
    edited July 2020
    This matter has been resolved.  The item in question was for salary sacrifice super.  A slightly different approach was needed to effect a reversal, but it has worked.  John L G
  • Helen Hunter
    edited July 2020

Thank you John received your email I will make sure I pass it on.

Just one more question out of interest, if a person is deleted incorrectly  from a previous pay run is it just a matter of putting the figures back in or do you have to run the on line banking again for the particular pay run date .

Regards

Helen

• John Graetz
    edited December 2016
    Good morning Helen.  Once somebody is deleted out of a pay, it is gone for good as far as I am aware.  The only way that I know of to have a pay recorded is to run a Scheduled Payroll or an Unscheduled Payroll.  You could do an Unscheduled Payroll to recreate the deleted person's pay in order to "balance" the original pay run, but it can never get back unless you fully delete and then re-create the whole pay run again.  If you used the Unscheduled Payroll method, what this would mean is that in reconciling your bank statement, you would have two transactions within Reckon to be reconciled against the one entry on your bank statement.  The online banking is purely the banking side of things, after the event - there is no way to use that information in a backwards manner as far as I am aware of.
    John L G
  • Helen Hunter
    edited January 2016
    John I thought you would be able to open the pay check and put all the details back in
  • John Graetz
    edited July 2020
    The matter has been resolved.  The pay cheque hadn't been deleted, rather it had been voided which then enabled the original figures to be reinserted.
    John L G