RESOLVED - Reckon Accounts Hosted - Missing Files 25 February

RavRav Administrator Posts: 10,760 Administrator
edited February 2018 in Accounts Hosted
Hi everyone, We are receiving reports from a small number of customers that they cannot see the most recent version of some files.  Our engineers are investigating this urgently. Further updates will be provided here. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused.

*UPDATE*
2/3 10:05am AEDT

Hi everyone,
A final update on this issue.

We have been in contact with everyone experiencing this issue and I am pleased to advise that file access has been restored.

If you believe you are still experiencing this issue and have not been in contact with us, please give our Support team a call as soon as possible.

Thank you all for your patience during this time.

Rav

Comments

• Sam ClementsSam Clements Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2017
    My backup files have disappeared showing the recent dated May 2015!
    When I open my company file the last entry was dated 8th May 2015!
    I hope the engineers can find all my recent backups!!
    Sheree Clements
  • Annette TainshAnnette Tainsh Member Posts: 23
    edited February 2018
    I have just logged in and can't open any files... actually, I can't even FIND any files. Although the virtual drives say they are there, and there is data in there, I can't see any files listed AT ALL. I have my Q and B drives, but that's as far as it goes.... ARRRGGHHH!
  • Pamela RileyPamela Riley Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2016
    I have 3 companies I am trying to work on & am unable to get anything later than 2015!   How am I meant to work today?

• Georges RawstorneGeorges Rawstorne Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2017
    Hi Rav

We have the same problem. We spent the last 3 days updating our file in preparation for BAS, only to find the file missing this morning.

We have logged a request with your online team, who made it sound as if it was our fault, which I think is totally unprofessional.  He is asking us for the exact name of the file, but with all due respect, it is not something we pay that much attention to.

Please advise when this issue will be resolved.

• RavRav Administrator Posts: 10,760 Administrator
    edited February 2017
    Hi guys,
    I'm really sorry for the frustration this is causing.

This is currently being investigated at the highest priority by both our IT and technical support team.

We do ask however that you give our support team a call if you haven't already so that we can gather your individual examples for further investigation.

Thank you
    Rav
    edited December 2016
    That's really disappointing to hear Georges and I'm very sorry that you had that experience.

At the moment the team are trying to obtain as many examples, and as much specific information as possible on all affected cases so we can identify a pattern and implement a resolution. I'm very sorry to hear this wasn't handled in the best way on your call.

Yes I'll definitely keep this thread update with further information when it comes to hand. Stay tuned.

Thank you
    Rav
    edited February 2017
    Hi everyone,

Just to reiterate this issue is impacting a very limited number of users. If you are affected, please get in touch with our Technical Support team as soon as possible so we can attain your individual examples and details for further investigation.

I'll share more information here as soon as I can.

Thank you all for your patience.

Rav
  • Anne CollaAnne Colla Member Posts: 4
    edited February 2016
    Can you provide a tech support number that won't cost $4.90 per minute?

• Pam LaversPam Lavers Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2016
    I also have BAS's due for lodgment.  I could not access my file last night.  This morning there was a file with the latest entries in May 2015.  I reported this to your Technical Support team first thing this morning.  This is a huge problem for our business.  Please advise when it will be rectified.
    edited December 2016
    Hi Anne,
    Reckon Accounts Hosted subscriptions include free technical support.
    The contact number for our Accounts Hosted support team is 1300 799 150

Cheers
    Rav
    edited February 2016
    Thanks
  • Lucretia AccountsLucretia Accounts Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2017
    Our company's file meet the same problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    edited February 2016
    Yes, almost 24 hours now without access to records and no idea when it will be resolved.  Nowhere near good enough.
  • Julie BryanJulie Bryan Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2018
    We have 3 company files 2 of which have vanished completely, the 3rd is showing the last transaction as being the 13th May '15'. Need a solution fast please....
    edited December 2016
    Hi Julie,
    Can you please get in touch with our Support team as soon as possible so we can look into this for you.

Thank you
    Rav
    edited February 2016
    I have just logged on and our file is back, thank goodness.  I hope the issue has been resolved.
    edited February 2016
    Thanks Rav,
    We called this morning with no resolution as yet.

edited December 2016
    Really sorry to hear that Lucretia If you haven't already, can you please get in touch with our Accounts Hosted support team so we can assist you.
    edited February 2016
    Look like it is all fixed, thanks for your help...huge relief
  • John GJohn G Reckon Staff Posts: 2,289 ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Hi Everyone,

We have now identified the cause of some users not seeing the most recent version of some of their files so we can now work on implementing a solution as soon as practical.

We'd like to re-iterate that this problem has impacted a small number of users. Please check your data file again and if you still have old data in your file, please give us a call. Our technician will be able to help you with your lost data.

Once again we are very sorry for the inconvenience this issue has caused you and we thank you for your patience. 

regards,
    John
    edited February 2016
    I got in touch with tech support around 12:30 today and was supposed to receive a call back to let me know when the issue was resolved. I just tried logging back in to see if there had been a resolution and I just hadn't been contacted, but no - still no files :(
    edited February 2016
    My files haven't come back yet. I noticed someone else is still having a problem too. Have you finished working on it? I will be calling support in the morning but wondered if there is more work being done tonight. I was also advised when I spoke to supporr that they would call when problem was solved. Haven't heard from them yet
    edited February 2016
    I just logged in to check again Anna, and I still don't have my files back. :( 
  • Warren HaydenWarren Hayden Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2016
    Hello Anne

I have just log on to check my information so I can prepare Bas Statement And I lost all my files as well as back up which was recently done on the 23/2/2016
    All information is gone
  • Briony TwitteyBriony Twittey Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2016
    Any word. I have rung the help line - no help. Files are all gone - only ones available are from May 2015. BAS is due in 3 days and I fly out for my holiday tomorrow. Really not freaking happy.

edited December 2016
    Hi guys,
    Our IT team have been working hard to get this issue resolved. As mentioned above, the cause of the issue has been identified and initial remedial work conducted which has restored files for some users.

Further work is continuing to address missing files with the small number of remaining users.

If you're affected by this issue and have not been in touch with our Technical Support team yet, we strongly encourage you to get in touch as soon as possible so we can assist with your lost data.

Thank you
    Rav
  • Tania RichardsTania Richards Member Posts: 9
    edited February 2018
    Hi is there any more news this morning?
    edited December 2016
    Hi Tania & everyone

The cause of the issue is due to a very limited number of user accounts pointing to a certain file server which developed issues.

Our team have been able to move the majority of affected users who did not make changes to their company files yesterday to a new server which has restored access to their files.

As mentioned above, if you still do not have access to your data, please get in touch with our Support team this morning so we can work with you to restore any missing data.

If you have any questions, please let us know

Thanks

Rav

• Tania RichardsTania Richards Member Posts: 9
    edited February 2016
    Mine is working - I was told by two different customer service people that I would get a phone call when it was working so to stop calling.  No phone call so have just wasted 3 hours of my day when it was working all along.
    edited December 2016
    That's really disappointing to hear, I'm very sorry about that Tania.

I'll have a word with the teams around this to ensure the correct expectations are being communicated and pass on this feedback.

Rav
This discussion has been closed.