How to enter superannuation details in Reckon Accounts?

Jan_6978659
Jan_6978659 Member Posts: 1
edited June 2019 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I am at a total loss as how to enter super fund details for my employees, This is the first time using payroll in reckon. In my other payroll programe when you set up a new employee it was part of the process. but in Reckon not sure how to do it. Does the individual super fund have to be set up as a supplier. I really don't understand it at all.

Comments

• Alex Tan
    Alex Tan Member Posts: 83
    edited February 2016
    Hi Jan, thanks for joining the Community.

In regards to entering super details for employees please try the following:
    1. Go to your Employee Centre
    2. Double (left) click on the employee
    3. Change tabs and go to "Payroll and Compensation Info"
    4. Click on "Super Details" to find the information that you can enter.
    Any follow up questions just reply in the comments below and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

-Alex
  • Judy Shepherd_6970740
    Judy Shepherd_6970740 Member Posts: 7
    edited May 2017
    If an employee is not with your default fund you firstly have to do some prep work before you can set them up correctly.  

Make sure that you have all banking details for the fund for each employee - whether its EFT or BPay.  Make a new Supplier for each employee with their individual details - Eg CBA Super - Suzie Q  - Acct No BSB or BPay Biller Code and Ref Number etc

Make a new Account item under the Chart of Accounts - as an Expence item - probably under Superannuation - and finally - Make a new payroll items for each employee - picking up the Supplier you just made and the expense account.

When you Add your new employee and you get to the Superannuation entry page - instead of the Default fund - click the open box arrow and select the Payroll Item you have selected for the Employee

So the Employee is conected to the Payroll Item - which is Connected to a Special Expense account in the Chart of Accounts and is paid to a Particular Supplier

Its awkward, messy and very time-consuming and with a different seasonal workforce of over 50 every year most with different Super Funds it does my head it - but this is the only work around I've been able to come up with.

Now - as to Reports so that you can submit them through the upcoming 'Super Stream" which will be a legal obligation for all employers by 2015/16 - Reckon will certainly need to get their act together or lose users who don't want to pay another fee-for-service

Come on Reckon - enoughs enough
  • Karen251
    Karen251 Member Posts: 17
    edited August 2016
    I'm having a problem, I have set up 2 new employees who's super funds are different to the others.  So I went in to Suppliers and created new suppliers and set up their payroll but the super is showing up on their payslip and in the payroll liabilities but not into the bank register for SGC payable. My accountant wants me to fix it but I don't know how.  
  • Reckon FAQs
    Reckon FAQs Reckon Staff Posts: 357 Reckon Staff
    edited November 2015
    Hi Karen,

Did you create a new super payroll item linked to the new Superfund?

regards,
    John
  • Karen251
    Karen251 Member Posts: 17
    edited August 2016
    Have now, I had it linked to the wrong account - there were two :(
  • Kerry_7035971
    Kerry_7035971 Member Posts: 4
    edited November 2015
    Thanks for this question.  I was just coming on to ask the same type of question.  Super has been working fine, but have just set up a 2nd employee.  The super amount is working, although all reports I print are saying his fund scheme is the same as the first employee.

Judy, your help is wonderful.  To just clarify, do I need a new Payroll Item - Super for each different super fund I need to pay?  So under List - Payroll Item List - there will be multiple Super items.  Then go into the employee and select that Payroll item for super.

Thanks.
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited December 2016
    Hi Kerry,
    If you're assigning a super fund to a super payroll item, then yes you will need separate super payroll items to each fund you're paying to.

Hope that helps

Cheers
    Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Kerry_7035971
    Kerry_7035971 Member Posts: 4
    edited November 2015
    Thanks Rav
  • Tony Beck
    Tony Beck Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2016
    What do you put in the "Fund Scheme Box"
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited December 2016
    Hi Tony,

Welcome to the Reckon Community.

All the information you need should be on the Compliance Letter your employees hopefully gave you.  You should be able to source this on the internet as well.  

A super fund may be running a number of superannuation products and the Fund Scheme is the name of that particular product.  This information is contained in the USI anyway, so in a way it is now a redundant field.    

Checkout our guide Configuring Reckon Accounts Business and Hosted for SuperStream.

regards,
    John

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited December 2016
    There's also a video here that you may want to check out -

Reckon Accounts Hosted - SuperStream
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdlReeeGREw

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Maribeth Villamayor
    Maribeth Villamayor Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2016
    Hi good day

I already put all the details of the employee but when I print the payslip it does not show super details of the employee? please help thanks
  • Killy
    Killy Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2017
    I am having the same problem, some of the employee funds show on their payslip and others just show the default fund which is listed as the 'agency for company paid liability' in the payroll items screen. (i have added the different super funds as suppliers also, but this did not help)