How to change first day of work week for Reports.

Gemma Flack
Gemma Flack Member Posts: 4
edited January 2019 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Hi there,

I would like to set up my file so that the first day of the week is Tuesday. I have been to Edit > Preferences > Time Tracking > Company Preferences and changed it to Tuesday, but when I produce P&L reports etc, the first day of the week is always Sunday.

Is there something else I need to do to make this work?

Thanks so much,
Gemma

Comments

• Deny Dharmawan
    Deny Dharmawan Alumni Posts: 141
    edited August 2016
    Hi Gemma,

Reckon accounts uses Sunday is the first day of the week. Currently this cannot be changed.
    To get the report to start on Tuesday, you can try using Custom date, then entering the date range from the Tuesday's date.

Regards
    Deny Dharmawan
  • Gemma Flack
    Gemma Flack Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2014
    Thanks for getting back to me Deny,
    When I create a P&L for a period and try to view it in weekly columns, it gives me a partial week for the first column and then reverts to weeks starting on Sunday from then on.

I don't understand what the point of having the preference to be able to set what day the week starts on, if it doesn't carry through to reports?

Thanks,
    Gemma
  • Deny Dharmawan
    Deny Dharmawan Alumni Posts: 141
    edited August 2016

Hi Gemma,

The preference is meant for Weekly Timesheet only, not reports, which can be found in Customers > Enter Time > Use Weekly Timesheet.

Regards

Deny Dharmawan

• Makeisha Bleus
    Makeisha Bleus Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2016
    Is this able to be changed yet?? I am also trying to my reporting, showing weeks Monday through to sunday, but cannot find where to change it.
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017
    Hi Makeisha Bleus,

Welcome to the Reckon Community.

Reckon Accounts Reports are fixed to use Sunday as the first day of the week. 
    The Time Tracking preference is meant for Weekly Timesheet only and not Reports.

The workaround is to manually set your Reports date range to Custom and select the To/From dates to your first day of your week (Monday) and your last day (Sunday).

Hope this helps.

regards,
    John
  • Makeisha Bleus
    Makeisha Bleus Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2016
    Thanks John
    I am aware of how to manipulate a report to show a total for one reporting period. It is frustrating when you want to do a longer period but see it in weekly or fortnightly columns. So time consuming to do individual reports, export them to excel, make sure the figures line up and format the report so it is readable....luckily I get paid by the hour ;)
    Considering it is such a big deal, you would think that a "progressive" company like Reckon could make such a small change. How do we make suggestions to reckon?? Maybe that will be my task 
    Thanks again for your help
    Makeisha
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017
    Thanks for the feedback Makeisha,

I'll switch this post to the Ideas section so that the developers can consider it in their normal cycle of product development.  

regards,
    John