Reckon Accounts Hosted - Login Issue 18 March - RESOLVED

Rav
Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
edited August 2019 in Accounts Hosted
Hi everyone,

We are aware that a number of customers are experiencing issues accessing Reckon Accounts Hosted this morning.

Our teams are currently investigating the cause of the problem as we speak and further updates will be provided here.

I sincerely apologise for the frustration and inconvenience caused this morning.

Thank you for your patience.

UPDATE - 9:30am
Preliminary investigations have found that there is no underlying issue with the Hosted program itself. The team are continuing investigation on the cause.

UPDATE - 9:45am
Hi everyone,
The team are investigating any potential connection with the Telstra broadband outage this morning - http://servicestatus.telstra.com/

UPDATE - 9:55am
Hi everyone,
We are receiving reports of successful logins from users. If you're unable to access Reckon Accounts Hosted, please try doing so here - https://hosted.reckon.com/RAHV2/ReckonAccountsLogon.aspx

UPDATE 10:25am - RESOLVED
Hi everyone,
The external issue which affected access to Reckon Accounts Hosted has been rectified.

Access to Reckon Accounts Hosted is available here - https://hosted.reckon.com/RAHV2/ReckonAccountsLogon.aspx

If you are continuing to experience issues logging in please get in touch with our Reckon Accounts Hosted Support team as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience this morning and I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused.

FINAL UPDATE - 1:00pm
Hi everyone,

Just providing some further insight to the issue some users experienced this morning relating to Reckon Accounts Hosted access.

Further investigation uncovered 2 separate issues which contributed to the overall experience on Friday morning.

The first being issues with our website platform which prevented access to a number of areas including the Reckon Accounts Hosted login link on our site. We have identified the root cause of this problem and put procedures in place to ensure prevention of recurrence in future. There were no underlying issues with the Reckon Accounts Hosted program itself this morning.

The second aspect was connectivity issues for some customers on the Telstra & Optus network. This issue was external to Reckon and resolved earlier this morning by Telstra which restored access to Amazon Web Services (AWS) for this group of affected customers.

Thank you for your patience today as we worked through the issues this morning and our sincere apologies for the inconvenience and frustration caused.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited December 2016
    Hi Caspers,

Not at this stage, premlinary investigations have found that there is no underlying issue with the Hosted program itself however the team are continuing to investigate.

I'll provide more info as soon as I can.

Thanks for your patience

Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Annelys Hill
    Annelys Hill Member Posts: 3
    edited August 2018
    I have a dead line at 12 today and you are telling me that???????
  • Natalie Mitchell
    Natalie Mitchell Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2017
    Yet more down time for this program. When this software works it is quite good but I don't recommended it to any new clients!!
  • Viv A
    Viv A Member Posts: 77 ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    can't even get the log in page for Hosted to open :(  This is really becoming a joke and is terrible for productivity !! My day's plans are now shot - again !!!!!!!
  • Annelys Hill
    Annelys Hill Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2017
    I need an update really, this is business. "we are working on it and let you know" doesn't work.
  • Rav
    edited December 2016
    Totally understand your frustration Natalie.

The team are working at the highest priority to ascertain the cause of the issue this morning.

Rav

• Karen_6907124
    Karen_6907124 Member Posts: 33
    edited February 2017
    i am in now :)

• Veronica_8117523
    Veronica_8117523 Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2017
    I am able to login now!
  • Rav
    edited December 2016
    Hi Annelys,
    The original post above has rolling updates as soon as they come to hand.
    We sincerely apologise for the frustration caused this morning.

We are getting reports that users are now able to login successfully, if you're still having issues please try accessing Hosted here - https://hosted.reckon.com/RAHV2/ReckonAccountsLogon.aspx

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks
    Rav

• Rav
    edited December 2016
    Great to hear, thanks for letting us know Karen!

Really appreciate your patience and apologies for the frustration this morning.

Thanks
    Rav

• Rav
    edited December 2016
    Excellent news Veronica!

I'll really sorry for the inconvenience caused this morning :(

• Kathy_7271221
    Kathy_7271221 Member Posts: 10
    edited August 2018
    I am with Telstra was it an issue from their end, or reckon?
  • Rav
    edited December 2016
    I can fully understand your frustration Tiffany.
    The team are doing everything they can to resolve this matter with the utmost urgency.

We believe there may have been a potential connection with the Telstra broadband outage this morning.

There is no issue with the Reckon Accounts Hosted program itself and we are getting a number of reports of successful logins from users.
    Please try accessing the Hosted login page here - https://hosted.reckon.com/RAHV2/ReckonAccountsLogon.aspx

Rav

• Rav
    edited December 2016
    Hi Kathy
    We believe there was a connection with the Telstra issue this morning which caused the problem.

Our IT team have investigated and confirmed there is no issue with the Reckon Accounts Hosted service whatsoever.

If you're unable to access Reckon Accounts Hosted, please try accessing the login page here - https://hosted.reckon.com/RAHV2/ReckonAccountsLogon.aspx

Rav

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited December 2016
    Hello Vivien,

We are very sorry that you experienced an interruption to the Hosted Service today.  
    We found no issues with the Hosted Service itself and located the problem with a general Telstra outage earlier today that affected some subscribers like yourself accessing the service.  Telstra has now restored its service so you should now have no trouble accessing Hosted through the standard link:  https://hosted.reckon.com/RAHV2/ReckonAccountsLogon.aspx.

Thank you for your patience and please let us know if you continue experiencing any difficulties logging on.  

regards,
    John

• Shisir
    Shisir Alumni Posts: 230
    edited December 2016
    Hi Annelys,

Apologies for the issue, could you please confirm if you can login now? If not please let us know.

Regards
    Shisir

• Shisir
    Shisir Alumni Posts: 230
    edited December 2016
    Hi Vivien,

Apologies for the issue, can you please confirm if you can login now?

Regards

Shisir
  • Rav
    edited February 2017
    UPDATE 10:25am

Hi everyone,
    The external issue which affected access to Reckon Accounts Hosted has been rectified.

Access to Reckon Accounts Hosted is available here - https://hosted.reckon.com/RAHV2/ReckonAccountsLogon.aspx

If you are continuing to experience issues logging in please get in touch with our Reckon Accounts Hosted Support team as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience this morning and I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Rav

• Viv A
    edited November 2016
    ;) We have Telstra Broadband ... all other internet and sites worked fine...
  • Viv A
    edited November 2016
    Thanks Shisir ... I left the office for a couple of hours since I couldn't get anything done. I'm back now and in my file.
  • Rav
    edited February 2017
    Hi everyone,

Just providing some further insight to the issue some users experienced this morning relating to Reckon Accounts Hosted access.

Further investigation uncovered two separate issues which contributed to the overall experience on Friday morning.

The first being issues with our website platform which prevented access to a number of areas including the Reckon Accounts Hosted login link on our site. We have identified the root cause of this problem and put procedures in place to ensure prevention of recurrence in future. There were no underlying issues with the Reckon Accounts Hosted program itself this morning.

The second aspect was connectivity issues for some customers on the Telstra & Optus network. This issue was external to Reckon and resolved earlier this morning by Telstra which restored access to Amazon Web Services (AWS) for this group of affected customers.

Thank you for your patience today as we worked through the issues this morning and our sincere apologies for the inconvenience and frustration caused.

• Karen_6907124
    Karen_6907124 Member Posts: 33
    edited March 2016
    Thank you Rav.