Customer Centre Search is very slow takes up to 45 seconds to search

Steve B
Steve B Member Posts: 50
edited July 2018 in Accounts Hosted

I have a very large list of customers in excess of 1,300 active customers on our database.  More recently since upgraded to Reckon Accounts Hosted Edition 2015, I and my staff have found that searching for a customer in the Customer Centre Find takes up to 45 second to find the customer.  With the large business that I run, this means time wastage and inefficiency in delivering fast service to our customers.  I have contacted Reckon Priority Support and they told me to rebuild the database and create a portable file and try again and nothing worked.  Their final response was that this is the way QuickBooks works and there is nothing else that they can do. 

As a customer of QuickBooks since 1992, how disappointing that as my company grew Reckon Software did not.  I can't believe that they would allow a search function that would have such a drag in searching.  I trialled Xero, I trialled MYOB and added the customer database and their search for a customer is instant.

QuickBooks, Reckon I am disappointed that you would offer an Enterprise License (meaning for large companies, like mine, and have an outdate searching mechanism that simply slows down the productivity of a growing business.

Are you really thinking about your customers Reckon.

If a solution can't be found, than maybe it is time to reconsider how the search works and redesign the search functionality in the Customer Centre.  Because when you do Ctrl + F, it find the customer instantly.  But if we need to find a customer on the Customer Centre to see their information - we have time to run around the block.

Please add this to your new suggestion feature.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2017
    Welcome to the Community Steve and thanks for raising this here.

I can't say that I have a test file with that volume of customers to try and replicate this.

You mentioned a recent upgrade to Accounts Hosted 2015, which program were you using previously and did the issue exist there also?

Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Penne Milloy
    Penne Milloy Member Posts: 12
    edited March 2016
    When in customer centre if you highlight the customer any customer and then hit the letter you want to be near . It will pick up the letter and then you can scroll form there. sounds simple but hope it helps. 
  • Steve B
    edited March 2016

Hi Penny, I like your suggestion and it does work as a temporary thing, but the problem is that if we type a wrong letter then we don't know it.

• Steve B
    edited March 2016
    I had Reckon Accounts Plus desktop before i upgraded to Accounts Hosted 2015.
  • Steve B
    edited April 2016

Hello is there anyway at Reckon who can support me with this problem.  The problem is over 4 weeks and no further response.  This is very poor customer service.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2017
    Hi Steve,

I've had a word with our Support team in relation to the particular problem you're experiencing.

The next suggestion is to eliminate any potential network issues which may be contributing toward the lag you are experiencing. The recommendation they have put forward is to attempt replication on a desktop environment such as Accounts Enterprise.

Is there any chance you could give this step a try (if you haven't already) and let us know how you get on?

Thanks,
    Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Steve B
    edited April 2016
    I am not able to test it in the Desktop Environment because I keep receiving this error.  See attached image.image
  • John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017
    Hello Steve,

Did you install your Enterprise with the Enterprise Installation KeyCode given you soon after obtaining a copy of the Enterprise Edition?

regards,
    John.
  • Steve B
    edited April 2016
    Yes I did.
  • John G
    edited February 2017
    Thanks Steve,

It seems that the installation is unable to change the main registry key that controls the edition that your Reckon Accounts uses.  Please follow this guide to make the change.

Hope this helps.

regards,
    John

• Steve B
    edited April 2016
    I tried to reinstall it and I now keep getting this error, everytime I attempt to install it.  I have administrator rights.  Should I just call support for support.  This is very frustrating.imageimage
  • Steve B
    edited April 2016
    The moment I press Next, it automatically goes to the 2nd window saying that the installation is interrupted.
  • Steve B
    edited April 2016

I tried to look the regedit fix and there is no QuickBooks registration key at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > Software > Intuit > QuickBooksRegistration

The quickbooksregistration does not exist.

• John G
    edited February 2017
    Thanks Steve,

See our guide on this problem here.

The recommended actions are:
    • Either, stop the print spooler service before installing;
    • Or, install in Selective Startup mode
    • Windows 10 users turn on .Net Framework 3.5.1 in Programs and Features.
    Hope this gets you installed.

regards,
    John.

• Steve B
    edited April 2016

I have done what you said and it has installed successfully.  Sadly though the program for searching for a customer using the Find feature in the Customer Center window still has the problem.  While it works about 6 seconds better than the Hosted version, the problem is definitely the search functionality of the program John.

My internet connection runs with the Cable and we have 100Mbps on a daily basis.  The lowest we get is about 85Mbps on a busy day, but we have quite a reliable Telstra Cable Internet connection so I am confident it is not any lag on the internet.

Hope we can fix this issue it is so not time effective.

• Steve B
    edited February 2017

Seriously guys, waiting for a month for a reply is very poor service in a community that is meant to be monitored.  Almost like you ignore difficult issues.

I am still waiting for a fix on the slow search function in the Customer Panel.

• Rav
    edited December 2016
    Hi Steve,
    Certainly not ignoring your issue and apologies that we've overlooked replying to your thread.

I've had a further chat with our Support team in relation to your particular issue and they have recommended giving them a call so we can take a closer look at a one on one level.

Apologies for the delay.

• Steve B
    edited May 2016
    I am calling them now.
  • Shayne McNamara
    Shayne McNamara Member Posts: 43
    edited July 2018
    Normally this hasn't been an issue for us as not that many customers but we recently rolled over another company with over 6,000 customers and it was painful. I found the answer on a US forum. In the customer search window click "Custom fields" and then select the name field to search and type in the name or part name. Lightening fast and as long as you leave the window as is you can keep running the same custom search. Hope this helps. Surprising Reckon can't either index and speed up their generic search but then I guess they didn't even know this workaround.
  • Steve B
    edited June 2016
    Hi Shayne, Thank you so very much for the suggestion. Unfortunately has not fixed my problem. It has improved the speed but not "lightening fast". I do agree that the staff of Reckon could not have suggested it many months ago. Regrettably This support has falling on deaf ears. They do not reply, the phone call I made only gets to a level 1 technical support representative who have no idea and simply scroll through a KB of possible suggestions. Even after I repeatedly asked for a Senior or Level 2 support person. I have very frustrated and speaking to my IT staff, the big issue that the software has is it does not use a standard SQL database which would make the search algorithm 99% faster. All reckon has to do, is use the same algorithm call function that they use on the drop fields found in the Invoice, Sales, reports and the problem would be resolved. The customer centre does not call the values like the invoice function drop fields etc and this is why when searching it drops the other values and displays the result of the find. And then it locks you out of another search, where "x" cancels the GET function. What the Centers functions do is look into each field and tags it as 0 or 1 dependent on the search value. If the result does not match it does not display the value. Then searches for the next field and so forth. It is an archaic programming tool used many years ago when databases were not large. It is an easy fix, but a costly one ... Which is why they refuse to find a solution or respond and constantly are giving me the walk about. I am not a programmer, only a Film Producer but I have had some friends in industry who are experts in Programming and using the SDK have been to evaluate the flaw.
  • Shayne McNamara
    Shayne McNamara Member Posts: 43
    edited July 2018
    Normally this hasn't been an issue for us as not that many customers but we recently rolled over another company with over 6,000 customers and it was painful. I found the answer on a US forum. In the customer search window click "Custom fields" and then select the name field to search and type in the name or part name. Lightening fast and as long as you leave the window as is you can keep running the same custom search. Hope this helps. Surprising Reckon can't either index and speed up their generic search but then I guess they didn't even know this workaround.
  • Steve B
    edited June 2016
    I understand. We have with Quickbooks, now Reckon since 1992 and are customer database is huge. Xero and MYOB do not have this problem and we are considering moving over. Reckon may not be suited to large companies with a large customer database.
  • Steve B
    edited June 2016
    Hi Shayne, I get what you mean about using the custom filter. I now undeRostand how it works. The think is you always have to select Custom Filter from the drop box. If you do it once, then use the Find field it stops working. Yes you are correct I works lightening fast, if you keep selecting custom filter first. How silly Reckon silly can't have this functioning in the Find field? User friendly?????????