Cashing out Annual Leave

lexiwoo
lexiwoo Member Posts: 6
edited February 2018 in Accounts Hosted
How do I process a pay that includes normal hours and cashed out Annual Leave? The normal hours need to accrue leave as per usual, but the cashed out leave does not. If I select 'do not accure time' then no leave is accrued at all (including on the normal time). If I set up a new payroll category it still needs to be set up like normal Annual Leave category so the A/L hrs are deducted from the balance, Loading is calculated, Super is paid and PAYG is calculated, therefore it still behaves like the normal leave anyway which means I'm restricted to selecting the indiscriminate 'do not accrue time option' again. I would rather not have to process as 2 separate pays. Any ideas??

Comments

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017
    Hi lexiwoo,

Welcome to the Reckon Community.

You can try this workaround - create an Additional Payroll Item for Paid Out leave, appropriately configured for impact on other payroll items, apply the correct amount for the leave being paid out, and manually reduce the Hours available as of dd/mm/yyyy on the Leave tab in the Employee record.

Hope this meets your needs.

regards,
    John
  • lexiwoo
    edited November 2016
    Thanks John, your suggested manual work-around still results in the incorrect leave accruals and YTD figures showing on the employee's current payslip? Have I missed something or is this just too bad?  It appears to rectify itself on the following pay period payslip, but doesnt address the current pay period payslip? Is there anywhere in Reckon where I can select which payroll items accrue leave during a payroll item setup??
    thanks
    Alex
  • John G
    edited February 2017
    Thanks Alex,

Was the payroll item you created of the type Addition and not Wage (maybe I was not clear on this distinction)?  Ordinary time earnings payroll items like Wage will allow you to mark it for leave accrual on the Inclusions screen when you set it up, if leave applies to this item.  Non-OTE payroll items will not give you the leave option.

Hope this helps.

regards,
    John
  • lexiwoo
    edited November 2016
    Ahhhh perfect thanks for clearing that up John. All calculating perfectly now.
    Many thanks for your help
  • John G
    edited February 2017
    Fantastic Alex!
  • HeatherJ
    HeatherJ Member Posts: 33 ✭✭
    edited December 2016