Invoice template border colour - Accounts Plus 2014

Options
Sean Goodwin
Sean Goodwin Member Posts: 3
I have been trying to change the border colour in the Layout Designer of my custom invoice template.

In the Help under "Add or remove field borders on a printed form" it says there should be the option in the Borders tab to change the border colour, the thickness and the rounding, but in the actual software it is missing.

I'm pretty sure it was there in earlier versions because I created the template in the first place - it's just now I can't edit it.

Why does the Help say one thing, and the program something different?

Comments

• Babi
    Babi Alumni Posts: 75
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Hi Sean,

Thank you for your post.

You can still add, remove or change border color of the field in the layout designer of the template.

Here I have captured a screen shot for you to guide through stepwise, hope this helps.

Layout Designer of the template >>Select the field>>Double click on the field you want to change the color>> You will see the screen as below and simply follow the steps:

Please feel free to let me know if  you need further guidance,

Kind Regards,

Babi

• Sean Goodwin
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Hi Babi

Thanks for your reply, but you are incorrect.

I don't know what version of Accounts you are looking at, but those options do not appear in the Accounts Plus 2014 version.

Here is what I have in my version. I know I USED to have the options you are showing, but they are not there any longer.

• Babi
    Babi Alumni Posts: 75
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Hi John,

I have checked in the Plus 2014 version too and I can still see the same.Would you mind to provide me your customer ID?

Thanks,

Babi
  • Sean Goodwin
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Hi Babi

My customerID is: xxxxxxx

Thanks
    Sean

(edited by moderator)
  • Samantha Fonti
    Samantha Fonti Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Hi,
    I am also having the same issue.  Please help! Customer ID is xxxxxxx.

(edited by moderator)
    1576360 Member Posts: 4
    Options

HI, am having exactly same problem as above with reckon accounts plus 2012

any advice appreciated

Options

Sorry, Accounts Plus 2021

• Datarec_ReckonLtd
    Datarec_ReckonLtd Reckon Staff Posts: 1,063 Reckon Staff
    Options

On the much older version such as QuickBooks Pro 2002, the Border property is like the example shown above which does not have any colour options.

In the current 2021 Plus software, the same options are available as in the older Pro (as the Plus and Pro features were merged). The Plus software does not have the additional customisation options.

It is in the Premier versions where the additional color settings became available.

In the current Reckon Account Premier 2021 software, the Layout Designer has more functionality and options.

Options

Thank you, the answer appears to be upgrade to Premier version. Will contact Sales and investigate. Thank You, Keith

• Datarec_ReckonLtd
    Datarec_ReckonLtd Reckon Staff Posts: 1,063 Reckon Staff
    Options

Hi Keith,

Is the only functionality that you need, being to be able to customise the template on a once-off basis, or would there be other features in Premier that would benefit you?

You should be able to download a trial version of the Premier software so you can test out the added features.

You can also try in that trial version, creating a test invoice template in which you make changes to the border colour.

Then export that template.

Then import that test template into a TEST data file in your Reckon Accounts Plus 2021 software .

Then test whether you can print or save an invoice transaction to PDF format to see if the colour or other template modifications are still displayed or generated correctly in the Reckon Accounts Plus software.

Options

Thank you for these options, frustrated as must have worked originally as document exists, but lost border

when modifying form. Wasted so much time as is not stated anywhere (and i looked) that plus range does

not have this functionality. Seriously lost more than 2 days work looking. Will live with it and Upgrade next time software due.

Thank You, Keith.