where can I get R2 for Reckon Accounts 2016

Anton Strauss
Anton Strauss Member Posts: 98
edited July 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I received an email to download and install Reckon Accounts update to R2 but when I go to the download area, I see the old R1 file of 1.2GB, I don't want to download the same again as I already have

Reckon Accounts Plus 2016 Annual Licence R1

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2017
    Thanks Andrew,

Anton, please check out the thread Andrew has linked to above for full information. If you have any further questions please let us know

Cheers
    Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Anton Strauss
    edited July 2020
    Hmm, below is what it says when I click the Install Link on the email

What's New?

Reckon Accounts Personal range 2016 and Payroll Premier 2015/16 R2 are released and available for download now for eligible Customers. You can download it from Download Software section on your left.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited December 2016
    Hi Anton,
    The 1.01 release is the one you'll see in your Members area account after clicking the 'Download software' link on the left. (Example screenshot below)

You'll see the new .exe file name is ReckonAccounts2016R101.exe when you initiate the download.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Anton Strauss
    edited November 2016
    thanks, I got confused by the members ares saying R2 is released, see screenshotimage
  • John Graetz
    John Graetz Member Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Thanks Rav.  In hindsight, I believe that it would have been better to call the download on the download page exactly as it is - R101 because it is confusing.  I got caught out by not noticing what the file was actually called and had made other enquiries to determine what was going on.  John L G
  • Anton Strauss
    edited November 2016
    I won't worry about this update because I can't even uninstall R1 in order to install R101
    http://www.videoproductions.com.au/QB/Anton-00036.mp4

• gazza73
    gazza73 Accredited Partner Posts: 802 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited December 2016
    Anton

Easy to misunderstand that, because the TWO products sound so similar in name. There is the ACCOUNTING product:  Reckon ACCOUNTS PREMIER,    and there is the totally standalone product:  Payroll PREMIER.  That first one comes n about 6 flavours, one of which has the name 'Premier' on the end.

R1 versus R2  has long been known as the first release in readiness for getting used to new features, and R2 being the version that has the correct/updated TAX TABLES that are needed at the start of the July first payrun.

When there is this unusual situation of needing to hurriedly send out a REPLACEMENT release for what should have been the R1 in the first place,  it would have been even more confusing to call it the "R2" name that so much historical  documentation and general memory by most regular users thinking that is the version that is safe to run the following JULY payruns with.  It's not my call on this, just an observation,  but maybe the 'fix' could have been called something a little more obvious like:  R1B  or something.

I remember years ago there was an R1 R2 and an R3   and all sorts of arguments arose about which version had the actual TAX TABLES in there for starting the following new financial year.    I'm wondering if fear of that issue returning, has prompted this issue this year to simply REPLACE the r1 with R101.   But the external download name doesn't reflect obviously which FILE is WHICH.

But various emails have prompted everyone to be aware and to DOWNLAOD again......

Gaz

• Anton Strauss
    edited November 2016
    I have rebooted and paused Nod32 for 10min and tried the uninstaller

same error
    http://www.videoproductions.com.au/QB/Anton-00036.mp4

so I will keep this version now, it is too much hassle every time an update or new version comes out, I always have issues

example: every year when I install the latest and greatest, all logo images are missing from my invoices, so I need to manually copy them from the old installer folder to the new, not exactly a painless upgrade process if you ask me

• Anton Strauss
    edited November 2016
    I don't add employees

maybe they could release an update installer instead of a 1.2GB full installer which cost me $12 to download because I am on wireless 4G and it costs me $10 per GB for downloading. No NBN here
  • gazza73
    edited December 2016
    Anton.   IN release notes each year, they mention that any templates you 'change' need to have new and unique names.  This is because, when a NEW VERSION comes out with potentially new fields, and layouts,  they arrive with the default basic names of such templates.  Many articles exist on this forum as too do knowledgeable answers that outline the process of preparing your COMPANY DATA files and content before embarking on upgrades.  I suspect your observation about things changing/missing on such templates may be due to that approach.  I recall being involved in this sort of advice to users 12 months ago when those upgrades arrived.   

There will come a day, when you may want to avail yourself of some new feature that is illustrated in the default/supplied templates.  So you should keep any tailored ones with some special name, say a few character prefix of your company in front of the rest of the template names, so it is obvious which ones have been personally tailored versus those that 'come with the new product release'.

Gaz
  • Anton Strauss
    edited November 2016
    Hi Gary

fair enough

however, in any case I can't install this new update 101 because I can't uninstall R1

I also looked in program files 86/intuit for an uninstaller or unwise.exe but there is none
  • Anton Strauss
    edited November 2016
    another terrible thing is the installation key, it is like an endless number that has no dividers

but the installer requires 4 boxes be occupied with unique sets of numbers, so I need to type the whole key rather than paste

what is wrong with copy and paste?
  • Anton Strauss
    edited November 2016
    I finally managed to uninstall by first stopping and restarting the printer spooler (I remembered this from installation problems in the past few years)

now I installed R101 but I am unable to see R101 when I press F2

how can I be sure that it installed correctly?image
  • Anton Strauss
    edited November 2016
    unfortunately, I don't have these options

see attachedimage
  • Anton Strauss
    edited November 2016
    hmmm, I am still unsure how to test if 101 installed successfully
  • Rav
    edited December 2016
    Hi Anton,
    What is name of the .exe you downloaded and installed?

• Anton Strauss
    edited November 2016
    attached is what I installed after unzipping

but how do I check and verify that it is installed? when I hit F2 it does not mention R1.01image
  • John Graetz
    edited December 2016
    Anton.  At this point one way of checking is to go to your downloads file.  When I do that I can see that the file I downloaded today was ReckonAccounts2016R101.  Had you continued with the installation immediately following the download, you should have installed the latest version.  John L G
  • Anton Strauss
    edited November 2016
    Hi John

yes that is what I installed, but I was hoping to see the version number in "help, about" like in any other software on the planet

when I hit F2, it says I have R1 and not R1.01 and I can see the correct date of installation on the 7th Mayimage
  • John Graetz
    edited December 2016
    I have to agree wholeheartedly with you Andrew.  There is nothing like being absolutely certain.  John L G
  • John Graetz
    edited December 2016
    Ya reckon???? :) 
  • Inigo
    Inigo Member Posts: 193
    edited May 2016
    Hi Anton,

You have "Reckon Accounts Plus 2016 Annual Licence R1"

They call that their "Reckon Accounts Business range"

The information you are reading is referring to two different products that have been released.

"Reckon Accounts Personal range 2016 and Payroll Premier 2015/16 R2 are released and available for download now for eligible Customers." 

1) Reckon Accounts Personal range 2016

2) Payroll Premier 2015/16 R2

3) Reckon Accounts Plus 2016 <--- is what you have

-IM
  • Anton Strauss
    edited November 2016
    Hi Ingo

yes, Reckon Accounts plus 2016 is what I have. I just wanted to find a way to check and make sure R1.01 is installed successfully but this seems not possible with my version
  • Inigo
    edited May 2016
    Hi Anton,

In Andrew's first original post to you there is a link to the article that shows how to find out if it is installed successfully.

Here it is https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/reckon-accounts-2016-important-alert

-IM
  • Anton Strauss
    edited November 2016
    unfortunately, these steps don't work with my version because I don't have Tax Table Information under Employeesimage
  • Inigo
    edited May 2016
    Hi Anton,

Check your Preferences to enable full payroll functionality so that you can see the other menu items.

-IM
  • Anton Strauss
    edited March 2017
    thanks Inigo, that was it, now I can see that I have 1.01

it is strange that this is not seen when pressing F2image
  • gazza73
    edited February 2017
    Only other aspect to see this in,  is the Windows EVENT viewer where MSInstaller shows where the UNZIPPED files wnet when installing, and at what date and time.

See the    ....R101   part of the UNZIPPED file name that was used for the purposes of the INSTALLATION on the date of relevance (in this case,l today's dated example on the test rig used)

Cheers

Gaz