POS licence Key

George Bruce
George Bruce Member Posts: 6
edited September 2020 in Point of Sale
Why does POS require a licence key outside Reckon's trading hours.  I just did 2016 POS upgrade (Saturday afternoon) and am asked to put in a licence key (4 digits less than last years). Reckon is not "open" until 9.00 am Monday Morning!!!  So, I can't trade until then.  I can only say Reckon that you are making Xero Accounting look more and more attractive with every lost turnover dollar you cost me!  Xero has a fully integrated cloud software which will allow me to work from home and my accountant to access my system without me having to supply an "accountants copy".

Comments

• Stella Carr
    Stella Carr Member Posts: 40
    edited September 2020
    Hi. You can activate pos online at www.reckon.com. go to more/ all support and scroll down to bottom of screen. Choose register product and follow prompts.
  • Stella Carr
    Stella Carr Member Posts: 40
    edited November 2016
    Thanks. I only saw your post sfter i finished mine!
  • Jason Hollis
    Jason Hollis Alumni Posts: 516 Reckon Staff
    edited December 2016
    Thx Andrew and Stella for mentioning both solutions as well as providing the appropriate images and links.
  • George Bruce
    George Bruce Member Posts: 6
    edited May 2016
    It works - provided that you realise that when it asks for "serial number" that you insert key "product key" digits and that "registration" means "licence key".   A very big thankyou to both you Andrew and also Stella Carr. I am up and running and can start trading at 7.30 in the morning rather than waiting for Reckon staff to answer the phone at 9.00 am.

• thereAreNoStupidQuestions
    thereAreNoStupidQuestions Member Posts: 9
    edited May 2016
    At least Reckon answer the phone George. With Xero you need to send them an email as they will not pick up the phone for a business user. Be careful what you wish for.

Jan
    edited May 2016
    I also just found this:

edited May 2016
    Yes Andrew I did. George ran his upgrade on Saturday afternoon. Tech support was available then, and I am sure they can register software. I'll let Reckon confirm that. If they can't, then yes, they should be able to as the weekday team based in Sydney certainly can.

Either way there are multiple ways to register, so if none of that works and it takes $10 to get me out of trouble on a Saturday afternoon then that is an easy business decision to make.

As you stated, the 10 day grace period overcomes all of that anyway, so it's a mute point.

Just glad George is out of trouble, and now more importantly all readers know it's not impossible to register out of hours as initially suggested.

If Reckon can make that more obvious than that sounds like it will help.

Jan

edited May 2016
    $4.95 x 2 is not quite $10, sorry Andrew. And yes, moot not mute, I will edit that.

If you also think $665 is expensive for what Reckon POS does then you really must think $10 is a lot of money.
    edited May 2016
    Point definitely not missed Andrew. Users who pay for fantastic software and who need help out of office hours when casual rates apply may think $4.95 a minute is a fortune and is unfair.

I personally think it is fair enough based on what a consultant would charge for a full hour. Whereas you think it is highway robbery. Point taken.

Have fun drinking your Nestle with hot water and powdered milk tomorrow Andrew whilst I sip on a $5.50 latte with the peace of mind that I probably saved $500 on my POS system :)
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2017
    Hi folks,
    Some very good points raised here in relation to weekend support in particular, the ability to register your product.

There is work being conducted in regard to streamlining this process as much as possible along with discussions around better utilising our support resources.

There is good feedback from the Community here and I'll bring this thread to the attention of our Support Team Leads.

Cheers
    Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Rik Dillon_7552540
    Rik Dillon_7552540 Member Posts: 14
    edited September 2020
    I have learnt not to do updates on weekends.  Twice I did updates and told I had 10 days to register   ....  followed IMMEDIATELY with the message that my 10 days had expired!!!

• Jason Hollis
    edited December 2016
    Hi Rik, that happens when the incorrect terminal ID/name is entered. It is not obvious though so I am sure we can try and make this a bit clearer. I'll pass on to the dev team.
  • Jason Hollis
    edited September 2020
    UPDATE:

Our dev team are adding full online activation from within the product next release.