ATO portal - simplified BAS software id unavailable

Kerrie H
Kerrie H Member Posts: 97 ✭✭
edited February 2019 in Accounts Hosted
I contacted Technical Support regarding lodging our BAS, if I configure or refresh it looses the report and I have to start again - Reports - Tax - simplified BAS, then when I go to lodge I get a error stating that this is a problem with the software id.  I have telephoned the ATO to confirm the software id is correct (lodged it 2 months ago) which it is, now Tech support have said I need to login to the ATO portal website and check the details (I do not have a login that is why I phoned the ATO and they advised they have all the information they require).  After spending 3 hours on this I told him to forget it, I will lodge it manually!  I do not know what Tech support has done but if I try to lodge now I get a message requesting that I refresh, it builds the report then disappears completely.

Comments

• Reckon FAQs
    Reckon FAQs Reckon Staff Posts: 357 Reckon Staff
    edited March 2017
    Hi Kerrie,

Here's our note on the new Cloud software authentication for uploading returns from a cloud-based application (KB 5414)

I hope it provides sufficient points for you to discuss with the ATO.

The ATO has introduced a new cloud software authentication requirement ("AUSkey in the Cloud”) for lodging BAS and Payment Summaries for submissions after the 31st of March 2016.

This new system works on you getting a Software ID from your Cloud product and registering it with your AUSKey.

Details
    (You can watch a video of the process here.)

1. Login to Hosted and open your company file;
    2. Go to Company > Company Information
    3. Below the Company Identification field is the unique Software ID for this company file;
    4. Copy this number – you will need to enter this number to your AUSKey.
    5. Go to the SBR website and login to Access Manager with your Administrator AUSkey:
        a. Select My Hosted SBR Software Services; 
        b. Select Notify the ATO of your hosted service;
        c. Search for Reckon and then select the ABN link 
        d. Enter your Software ID you noted earlier and click Next;
        e. Read the Notification Statement and select Save.  (A green success message will appear to    confirm your notification.)  

If you have more than one reporting business, you must make a notification for each ABN.

Now delete your AUSkey – the keystore.xml file - off your Hosted Q drive. 

To submit your return, launch GovConnect and import your data.  Your Software ID will be part of the import.  The ATO will match his Software ID to your registered Software ID and accept your submission.

regards,
    John

• Kerrie H
    edited February 2019
    We have never had an AUSkey so phoned the ATO and provided the software ID and asked if this was all we needed to do, looking at the ato website this is what I have found.

https://www.ato.gov.au/general/gen/cloud-software-authentication-and-authorisation/
    1. Must all AUSkey and SBR users transition to the cloud?
      Only existing users of cloud software who had previously handed over their AUSkey to their software provider need to transition to this new CAA solution. New users of cloud software can also use this solution to notify the ATO of their software provider rather than needing to obtain and manage an AUSkey. Existing AUSkey users can continue to use existing AUSkey enabled products such as portals and desktop software.
    We do not wish to obtain and manage an AUSkey.  Since contacting Technical Support it appears that our BAS is no longer functioning at all!
  • cosmic
    cosmic Reckon Developer Partner Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Just temporarily if you are in strife ask your Tax Agent to lodge it , he should do it for free .
    Gives you time to resolve your issues

Cosmic Accounting Group

Accountants and Tax Agents 22397009

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited December 2016
    Hi Kerrie,

Just to clarify, are you uploading your BAS lodgement form using Standard Business Reporting (SBR) or the traditional method of uploading a BAS export file to the ATO website?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Kerrie H
    edited June 2016
    Trying to lodge via Reckon Accounts Hosted, Reports-Tax-Simplified BAS - Lodge.

Although whenever I configure or refresh it starts loading the report then completely goes out of it and I have to start again.  Since Technical support have looked at it, now when I try to lodge it tells me to refresh and looses the report.
  • Kerrie H
    edited January 2018
    As our accountant would need to verify I have the correct figures they will charge us, I have already spend several hours today, not willing to waste any more time or money.
  • Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited December 2016
    Hi Kerrie,
    I'm just trying to identify when your error occurs specifically, is the path you're following and if so can you let me know at which step you're encountering this problem

You complete your BAS lodgement form in Hosted > You click on the Lodge button > GovConnect opens > You select the BAS return from the list > You pre-fill with data from Hosted > you proceed to complete GovConnect 

Let me know

Cheers
    Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Ifti
    Ifti Reckon Staff Posts: 258 Reckon Staff
    edited December 2016
    Hi Kerrie,

Thanks for your post.

If the BAS screen is hiding that means it's gone in the background. To get it back, please press ALT Page Up to get the screen back up.

This KB has the detailed instructions.

The only way you can lodge for BAS via Hosted is via SBR that means you have to login to ATO Access Manager, nominate the software ID that Reckon Accounts generates (Company > Company Info) for each data file in our Hosted.

If the last time you tried it worked then it could have been prior to 31st March until which SBR didn't require Software ID.

Please check with that and you should be able to lodge your BAS.

We understand that it's the busiest time of the year to perform EOFY and we want you to have a painless experience.

Please let us know how you go.

Thanks

Ifti
  • Kerrie H
    edited January 2018
    Thank you Rav, you have pinpointed exactly where I am having problems, I use the submit using software ID then the next page has this message.  If I select Yes and next, I get to a search page and search the date required, request prefill and then get the second message.  The other problems I was having after the Technician looked at it have now been rectified (no longer asks me to refresh) and alt page up works.  I have now clicked ok to the error and can see I can manually load in the amounts.  The only reason I can think that it will not pre-fill is that I manually load in the payg figures as I use Xero payroll.  The error messages are really confusing me.
    imageimage
  • Ifti
    Ifti Reckon Staff Posts: 258 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2019
    Hi Kerrie,

The error message is telling us that you've registered for monthly BAS lodgement with ATO but have chosen a quarterly in Reckon Accounts.

To change this setting, in Reckon Accounts, go to Reports > Tax> Simplified BAS/IAS > Config > under GST Configuration tab, choose the period under "BAS Reporting Period".

I hope the above helps.

Thanks

Ifti
  • Kerrie H
    edited January 2018
    Thank you Ifti, but I have already the gst configuration checked for monthly, the installment for quaterly as per our registration with the ato in the configuration and still get the above errors.
  • Rav
    edited December 2016
    Hi Kerrie,
    Just on the back of Ifti's suggestion above, can you also check the PAYG Withholding tab to ensure this has the correct period settings

Let us know

Cheers
    Rav

• Kerrie H
    edited June 2016
    Yes Rav, I have checked all the setting in the configuration which have the correct period settings.