How to integrate Reckon Accounts Hosted API?

Dharmendra
Dharmendra Member Posts: 9
edited September 2020 in Reckon API
I want to integrated Zoho CRM with Reckon application, firstly i am trying to integrated Reckon Accounts Hosted and read out Docs and they provide some FTP details and forcing to implement first Reckon Accounts Desktop API. also i am using Ubuntu 16.04 so is it possible to integrated this on linux machine and does anyhave idea to implement API of Reckon Step by stp. Thanks.

Comments

• Jason Hollis
    Jason Hollis Alumni Posts: 516 Reckon Staff
    edited September 2020
    Hi Dharmendra,

I have forwarded this to our API Product Owner to review.

Please note that you are not forced to integrate with the desktop application first, however the Reckon Accounts Hosted API is the desktop SDK wrapped in a RESTful API call. 

If you do not ensure your application works with desktop first, and that the calls are successful, you will most likely not know if the failure was the SDK or the API. In fact many developers who have not ensured their calls to the Reckon Accounts database are robust have sent API errors to us, only for us to discover the error was in the SDK call. Doing the dev work to desktop first avoids this, and as I said, you'll re-use the same code for Reckon Accounts Hosted.

• Dharmendra
    edited November 2016
    Thanks for reply sir,
    actually when i was struggling in integration then i readout whole doc again then i follow this steps but on some places again i was stuck,

Process i Follow to integration Reckon Account Hosted Api

1. First Download SDK and readout QBSDK_proguide

but in SDK when i am trying to run SDKTestplus3.exe

it need two files

A. Company file (From Where this file i can obtain ? )

: i search for file but on Reckon account i couldnt find this types of files.

B. Request File (so this is request file which we send as xml for get and post).

2. After Trying out above Step i also tried it with QBWebConnector but it also need  an application file with qwc extension but client have Reckon Account So i think from there it is not connected and webconnector will not helpful for this process.
    URL:-  http://awesomescreenshot.com/0785yq9b10

3. Also Tried out this with APIREG (which is provided by Reckon FTP) but this also need some Company Registration.

Could you please Explain me in Brief that how will i connect Or Register in Accounts which needed by this processes

Please Contact me ASAP that what will be the correct Step to follow to complete integrations and proper flow.

also need to know about that is it possible to configure Desktop API in Linux machine ?

• Dharmendra
    edited September 2020
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Regarding to Reckon hosted API integration with CRM. Hello

I appreciate you reply me in each Issue and steps and also help me in my installation of desktop App and integration,
    I downloaded Desktop and run with SDK

My goal is , I want to sync my ZOHO CRM with QuickBooks
    so is it necessary to configure desktop App and all ?

I know hat Quick-book Web-connector will be necessary for that.
    But Software
    1. Reckon Account Premier Edition 2016
    is necessary ?

Please Give me if you can , Step by Step Installation of Quick-books and ZOHO
    and also Please insure with me that Desktop app/api is necessary for integration i want to direct integrate with Reckon hosted Account , Because if i will be integrate this from my desktop App So how will my client work , i am bit confuse in this.

I need this all asap

Thanks.
  • Jason Hollis
    edited December 2016
    Hi Dharmendra

You do not 'need' to integrate with desktop, however as the Hosted API utilises the desktop SDK we ask that you ensure your app works with desktop before moving to Hosted to ensure your calls on the data are formed correctly.

ie. The Desktop SDK (calls) are wrapped in a RESTful API with Oauth2 to connect / gain access to our Hosted environment.

That said, as you are wanting to utilise a cloud to cloud approach you indeed do not need a web connector, however you should design an approach to test the QBXML calls with a local database. 

Unfortunately we do not document integrations with particular applications. Please email reckonapi@reckon.com if you have any further support queries where the API team can assist you directly.
  • Dharmendra
    edited November 2016
    so this Sdk with api will be store on my FTP ? but i am using ZOHO CRM so how will they both communicate ?
    i have account in hosted.reckon.com and on ZOHO .
    so is there any setting to configure this all on hosted Reckon ?

and  one thing more i want to know about reteriveID, in Reckon Account Hosted
    there is
    /v2/{retrieveid} , tenantid
    so from where i can get this value ?
  • Jason Hollis
    edited December 2016
    Fwd this through to reckonapi@reckon.com Dharmendra for tech support. You will most likely need to create middleware for each app to talk to each other as ZoHo has not done an integration to us, so you'll need to build it.
  • Mike Maltby
    Mike Maltby Member Posts: 19 ✭✭
    edited November 2016
    Hi Jason. Can you please confirm that the Reckon Hosted API does work? I have a customer looking to moved from desktop to Hosted, & they currently use the QB Web Connector to push sales orders into their RA company file. I was hoping to develop something with the API have been told by a developer that the Hosted API doesn't actually work yet.  Is this true?
  • Jason Hollis
    edited December 2016
    Hi Mike. We do have Hosted API sites in production, however for mass consumption applications we were not satisfied with how it was managing call timeouts, so we removed it from production except for a few special cases.

That said, we are very close to releasing v2.1 so please email reckonapi@reckon.com requesting notification when the release is live.

That said, also visit https://reckon.helpdocsonline.com to gather background info on how the Hosted API operates.

Regards,
    Jason
  • Mike Maltby
    edited November 2016
    Thanks Jason.  Do your comments apply to the NZ version?
  • Jason Hollis
    edited December 2016
    Sorry no. The NZ version is on hold until we get v2.1 out the door as we didnt want to release the NZ version twice. It is completed though, so just awaiting a release slot.
  • Mike Maltby
    edited November 2016
    Ok, that's good news.  Do you have an ETA for the NZ release?
  • Jason Hollis
    edited December 2016
    Most likely early December depending on how the v2.1 release tests.
  • Mike Maltby
    edited February 2017
    Hi Jason. Any update on the ETA on this?
  • Jason Hollis
    edited February 2017
    Hi Mike,

v2.1 is out - let me check in with the product owner to see where the NZ piece is sitting as we are gearing up for the NZ 2017 release as well at moment.