This does not appear to be the same computer that your s/ware was installed on. You will need to co

Fiona Sams
Fiona Sams Member Posts: 3
edited September 2019 in Personal Plus and Home & Business
I purchased Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2016 full version.  I disconnected my internet connection and internet security/antivirus software as advised whilst I installed the software.  Once I turned the internet security/antivirus software back on, my system asked to reboot to update and I received the following error message when launching the Reckon Accounts application

"This does not appear to be the same computer that your software was installed on. you will need to contact Reckon to update your licence details"

Can you please advise why this is happening and what i need to do to successfully open the software?

Comments

• Chris Appleby
    Chris Appleby Member Posts: 28
    edited September 2019
    I had the same response when I upgraded to Windows 10. I simply clicked on the register online or activate online link and it registered, no problems.
  • Fiona Sams
    edited July 2016
    Hi Michael,

Thanks very much for your insightful and honest response, much appreciated.

Kind Regards, Fiona

• Fiona Sams
    edited July 2016
    Hi Chris,

Thanks, I'll give that a go!

Cheers, Fiona
  • Reckon FAQs
    Reckon FAQs Reckon Staff Posts: 357 Reckon Staff
    edited March 2017
    Hi Fiona,

If re-activating does not resolve the issue, then you need to review your user permissions and ensure you have full Administrator rights, and full control permissions to all the C:\ProgramData  and your user directory (C:\Users|username) directories on this PC.  Then, delete the licence file at: C:\Program Data\Intuit\Quicken\Config\quicken.lic, launch Reckon Accounts Personal and activate again.

Hope this helps.

regards,
    John