PDF Printing

walawuru
walawuru Member Posts: 5

Hey folks,

I’m running Reckon Accounts … Home and Business 2016 R1.  Ever since I installed it I have not been able to get the print to PDF aspect working… I create invoices in PDF format and then email to clients.

I have checked the web, forums and all about and have not found a workable solution, despite trying many things.

I am disappointed with Reckon and their attitude in resolving this, which I would have thought was of key value to many users. I do not have paid support so pretty much get no assistance.  I normally don’t require technical support to operate the application.

Perhaps I have missed a solution somewhere on the forum or elsewhere, so I will stand corrected if that is the case.

My laptop is running 64 bit Windows 10 pro and is fully up to date with updates.

Any help greatly appreciated

Comments

• st_6872571
    st_6872571 Member Posts: 79
    edited June 2018
    Try printing to PDF by installing PDF Creator. It's free software and it works. I had the same issue and then came across this workaround. This has cropped up in some other theads and it's something to do with 32 and 64 bit systems for Windows 7. Reckon are not going to fix it.
  • Kevin Chamberlain
    Kevin Chamberlain Member Posts: 13
    edited October 2016

Hello Walawuru,
    I can only sympathise with you on this issue. I also had this problem and tried for months to fix it. I googled all sorts of forums, trying all the work arounds and tricks I could find. Nothing worked for me and as you allured to, Recon's arrogance and forcing paid support even if the fault is a bug in their software is extremely annoying. Quite typical for a company with virtually no competition so Recon has adopted the "like it or lump it" attitude.

Now I have had my bleat, I now select a different default printer, the "Microsoft to PDF "print. Works a treat.

Good luck

Chambo

• walawuru
    edited July 2016
    Thanks Steven.... I decided to try the solution below of Kevin as the Microsoft to PDF printer was already there... and presto .. it worked
  • walawuru
    edited July 2016
    Your a legend... that worked finally ... thanks heaps Chambo :)
  • st_6872571
    st_6872571 Member Posts: 79
    edited July 2016
    No problem, you've got a solution, that is all that matters.