has anyone done a manual upload from paypal

Jennifer Enright
Jennifer Enright Member Posts: 8
edited March 2017 in Reckon One
I am trying to manually upload transactions from paypal has anyone succeeded with this

Comments

• Qwerty
    Qwerty Member Posts: 261
    edited March 2017
    Hi Jennifer,

Here is how I did mine.

Step 1
    When dowloading transactions from PayPal, use the 'comma delimited' format. This will give you a CSV file.

Step 2
    When importing the CSV file into Reckon One, I configured the import settings as follows;

a) I specified to start my import from row 2 as my CSV file contained header information on row 1. You only want to import transactions rows & exclude any header rows.
    b) Mapped the 'date' field to the date column in the CSV.
    c) Mapped the 'amount' field to the relevant column in the CSV (for me it's the net column as this is the amount that affects my account balance due to PayPal fee's being subtracted from the gross amount)
    d) Mapped the 'reference' field to a column in the CSV (choose the column with the data you want for this)
    e) Mapped the 'details' field to a column in the CSV (choose the column with the data you want for this)

Example:

Step 3
    Click Import the file after having configured Step 2
  • Geoff Bryant
    Geoff Bryant Member Posts: 54
    edited February 2017
    I found that I didn't need to do a manual upload, the details were already there under the allocated TAB 
  • Qwerty
    edited March 2017
    Users who use the PayPal payment service feature in R1 may not need to import their PayPal statement as the feature automatically enters their PayPal payments (invoice receipts). However they still might for reconciliation purposes to match off the statement transactions to the transactions already in the book.

Users who track their PayPal account in R1 but don't use the PayPal payment service feature may import a PayPal statement to minise their data entry efforts & just add these transactions to the book directly from the statement import.
  • Jennifer Enright
    edited August 2016
    Does this feature cost extra?
  • Jennifer Enright
    edited August 2016
    Because the CSV file downloads credits and beits in one column does it pick up as debits and credits
  • Qwerty
    edited December 2016
    No it doesn't cost any extra however it's only available if your book has the invoicing module.

See this link for more information on the PayPal feature in Reckon One.
    https://community.reckon.com/reckon/topics/reckon-one-enhancements-8-july-2016-47lc0p3w0x5v2
  • Qwerty
    edited December 2016
    If your CSV file uses a single column for both debit & credit amounts (uses positive & negative values) then you use the 'amount' mapping option for that column.

or

If your CSV file uses seperate columns for debit and credit amounts then you use the individual 'Debit' & 'Credit' mapping options for these two columns.

• Jennifer Enright
    edited August 2016
    Thank you
  • Jennifer Enright
    edited August 2016
    Thank you