Exercise Option Wizard Hang

Kim Loane
Kim Loane Member Posts: 8
Has anyone encountered/found a solution to the problem of entering an Exercise Option transaction.  

There is no option but to use the wizard...step 1 is to enter the date.  step 2 is to enter the name of the option which is pre-filled to the only option I have that is not expired or already exercised...and then I can't get further.  The 'next' button is not responsive.  Reckon Accounts still works fine and I can cancel out of the transaction.

I'm stuck..can't enter the series of individual transactions that would do the same thing manually as the only option presented is to use the wizard, but the wizard is broken.  Any ideas?

I am using Reckon Accounts 2015 ...upgraded to 2016 but still same issue.

Comments

• Reckon FAQs
    Reckon FAQs Reckon Staff Posts: 357 Reckon Staff
    edited March 2017
    Hi Kim,

Welcome to the Reckon Community.

Is the Next button greyed out?
    When you click Next is there any error message?

A useful test is replicate your Option in the Sample file and exercise it.  Do you get the same result?

regards,
    John
  • Kim Loane
    edited September 2016
    Thanks for your welcome John.  I am pleasantly surprised that an employee is monitoring this site and that my post got a quick reply.

The Next button is NOT greyed out.  I press it and nothing happens....no error message, and it remains not greyed out.  And as I wrote above, Reckon Accounts still responds and I can cancel out and continue with other functions.

I ran a test using the Sample file as you suggested...thanks for that.  I granted and exercised an option successfully...so there is clearly an issue with my data.  It's not yet apparent what it is but I will try some further tests with new securities and new accounts in my data file to see if I can learn something. 

If you have another suggested approach to debug then I would appreciate that. 

In any case thank you...it's given me confidence it's not a Reckon Accounts program issue.

Regards,

Kim
  • Reckon FAQs
    edited March 2017
    Thanks Kim,

I wanted to check whether the fault is with the programme or the datafile.  

I do not know this transaction well but the test I did went through fine.  The sensitive points are Granting date, vesting dates and amounts, and expiration date.  

Next steps to try are to Validate and SuperValidate the file and try again.  

Then create a new file through the File > File Operations > Copy command.  

Hope this helps.

regards,
    John
  • Kim Loane
    edited September 2016
    John - thanks for your assistance and apologies for my belated reply.  The problem was with my data. 

I solved it by deleting and re-entering the original Grant transaction. 

It had been entered over ten years ago in 2005 so anything could have happened with the yearly upgrades of the software since then. 

Thank you.

Kim
  • Reckon FAQs
    edited March 2017
    Great to hear all is well again Kim.

regards,
    John