Reckon One has a new look!

Rav
Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
edited March 2017 in Reckon One
Reckon One has undergone a makeover and has a new look and feel!

This is an exciting advancement for Reckon One and provides some key improvements to workflow and usability such as;
  • Vertical navigation pane - we’ve implemented a vertical navigation style which is both easier and quicker to navigate. This navigation style will also future proof Reckon One as it creates more space for us to add additional features over time.
  • Find features quicker - we've reduced the 'clicks' required to get to your favourite features.
  • Real world language - functions have been renamed to make Reckon One more intuitive. For example, ‘selling’ has been renamed to ‘Money In’ and ‘Buying’ has been renamed to ‘Money Out’.
  • Perfect on any device - our new 'fluid' design means that Reckon One will adjust it's layout dependent on the size of the device you are using, making your business data more accessible.
Check out our Reckon Blog and video below for an overview on Australia's most affordable accounting software, Reckon One's new vertical navigation!

The introduction of vertical navigation will help you to access functions more efficiently.

For example, to access Payroll areas, click the Payroll heading from the left hand side of screen within the new Side Navigation bar. The expanded Payroll menu remains on screen constantly making it easier and quicker to access the area you want.

To access Payroll Settings you will need to click the Settings option. This will display a new look settings page with Payroll Settings available here.

You will notice under Payroll settings a heading called General, this replaces the old menu option called Payroll Settings. It still contains the same setup details as previously. Each option under the Payroll Settings is now accompanied with a brief description of what each area does.

Another addition to navigation you will notice is located towards the top of a page, you will now see the introduction of a new navigation trail. This functionality allows you to navigate back to previous pages you've used from your current position. Each page within the trail is linked making it easier to go back.

We'd love to hear your feedback on Reckon One's new navigation and if you have any questions please let us know by posting a comment below.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

Comments

• Lew Cody
    Lew Cody Member Posts: 7
    edited March 2017
    I might be old fashioned but why not just call them invoices and purchases
  • Qwerty
    Qwerty Member Posts: 261
    edited December 2016
    Hi Lew,

If you are referring to this point...

"Real world language - functions have been renamed to make Reckon One more intuitive. For example, ‘selling’ has been renamed to ‘Money In’ and ‘Buying’ has been renamed to ‘Money Out’."

For me this is a logical change.

Some users may have books setup with the invoicing module & some user may have books setup without the invoicing module.

In the image below, the left menu is from a book with the invoicing module enabled, the right menu is from a book without the invoicing module enabled.

The terminology 'MONEY IN' is probably a better choice than 'INVOICES' as it covers both scenarios.

Most users are going to use R1 for business accounting. However, some users will use R1 for personal finance tracking.

The previous terminology 'SELLING' isn't accurate for my non-business users as income events for these users aren't typically the result of selling something.

Changing the terminology from 'SELLING' to 'MONEY IN' is universal.
  • Geoff Bryant
    Geoff Bryant Member Posts: 54
    edited December 2016
    I like it, looks very neat
  • Kellie_8638396
    Kellie_8638396 Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2016

Very Exciting!! Any plan to add a cash payments register or the like? Also, any update on when the invoice templates are going to have the ability to have greater customisations?

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited December 2016
    Appreciate the feedback Kellie :) 

Further customisation options for invoice templates is on the radar for the future, no timeframe at this point but I'll keep you posted :)

Cheers
    Rav

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Kellie_8638396
    Kellie_8638396 Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2016

Excellent!! I do look forward to this. Mainly the font size on the top header and bottom bank details etc is too small and looks a bit out of place. Maybe there is something I am missing to be able to change this?

The reason I bring up the cash payments is as most clients using this system have a lot of expenses such as fuel which is purchased every 2nd day. Would be nice to have a running list to enter all these cash expenses quickly without linking the bank account (a lot of personal stuff goes through the bank).

• Lew Cody
    Lew Cody Member Posts: 7
    edited February 2017
    A bit scary though...designing on the run. Shouldn't there have been a roadmap of future features.