Blurry Reckon in half-screen

Olga Okeefe
Olga Okeefe Member Posts: 5
edited June 2019 in Accounts Hosted
Hi every one. When I shrink the Reckon window to the half-screen size it gets blurry. The full screen size is fine in any of three browsers: Chrome, Edge and Firefox. Reckon opened in Firefox is better in a half-screen size, but it gets blurry when I type. My screen resolution is fine (as it is recommended by Reckon). This "blurry" problem started approximately a week ago. It is extremely annoying as now I can't utilise the beauty of half screen windows when I need to use two or more applications at once. I have Windows 10. I did not have any problems when I've upgraded Windows 8 into 10. I repeat that this problem started recently. Previously I used to maximised and shrink the Reckon window twice to get the clear picture but now it does not help.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2017
    Hi Olga,

Have there been any updates/or alterations to your graphics drivers and/or system recently?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Olga Okeefe
    edited August 2016
    Hi Rav, Nothing has been changed in my computer.
  • Olga Okeefe
    edited February 2017
    Hi Rav, I am still having trouble with blurry screen when the window is shrunk to the half screen size. I've read more about the new scaling algorithm in Window 10. "Disable Display Scaling On High DPI Settings" option is not helping me. I've found an article on Microsoft site https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2900023/some-desktop-applications-may-appear-blurred-on-high-dpi-displays that says: 'In some cases, the application vendor may be able to provide an updated software version that better supports high-DPI displays.'. I do have High-DPI display, it is Toshiba all in one computer. Could you please advise, does Reckon have any update for the high-DPI displays?
  • Olga Okeefe
    edited February 2017
    Hi Rav, another addition: the advice from Microsoft is fort the desk top application. I have Reckon Hosted that is not a desktop application. To get an access to Reckon I do use a desktop application (as Firefox or Chrome) and I can change their compatibility settings. I do not have any control over Reckon settings. At the same time Reckon is the only app that I have trouble with.
  • Olga Okeefe
    edited February 2017
    I've figured out how to fix my blurry half screen. This fix works in FireFox only, unfortunately Chrome is not responding to it. 1. Your full screen Reckon window is crispy fine. 2. Snap you Reckon Window into half size screen. It gets blurry. 3. Open the display settings and in "Customise your display" make the maximum percentage (175%). 4. Maximise the Reckon window. It is still blurry. 5. Snap it in half again. It is still blurry. 6. Customise your display back to 100% (or what you have there originally) The reckon half screen is crispy fine now. Unfortunately you will need to repeat the above procedure if you resize the Reckon Window .
  • Shirley Ingle
    Shirley Ingle Accredited Partner Posts: 138 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017
    Hi Olga  Would this help.  You have the half size form on the screen, then drag the bottom right border to the size you want.